Any ideas as to the breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by heby, Aug 25, 2013.

1. heby

heby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2013
    Georgia
    I got this one as a little orange chick at Easter. Decided early on that it was a roo. I was just wondering if anyone had an idea as to what breed he may be. His legs and even his beak are so white and almost transparent. My daughter named him Al short for Albino. haha

[​IMG]

2. dandrews1971

dandrews1971 Chillin' With My Peeps

White Plymouth Rock. I have a roo just like him. Is he crowing yet?
    If hes anything like min, hell blow your eardrums out. lol
    Mine is LOUD & a lot.

3. dandrews1971

[​IMG]
    This is my Fred. We had another roo like him & they were best buddies, always stuck together. His name was George. Sadly, we had to put him down as he got too aggressive. So far so good for Fred.

4. heby

heby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2013
    Georgia
    No crowing yet. I haven't even seen him attempt so far. He's about 21-22 wks old. Are they usually aggressive? He has been handled since he was a chick. My mom got him for my 3 yr old for Easter and he goes in the pen and will grab him up and give him a hug often. haha. He has never shown any aggression so far. I hope not. That's my fear in roos

5. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Could be a white leghorn or rock, white leghorns have white earlobes and white rocks have red ones

6. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    I don't think its a White Leghorn as the comb is way too small for that...WL's roos get ridiculously large combs which should be showing up by 4 to 5 months (?) if I did the math right.

I think it is a White Plymoth rock too.

My 2 cents
    Lady of McCamley

7. dandrews1971

Its a 50/50 on the aggression. I dont know what Georges issue was. Fred is a good boy though. We do occasionally make him 'submit' to us by picking him up & walking around with him. We also sometimes just hold his head down lower than his body. He is calm afterwards. Hes shown minor aggression here & there but NONE to my hens & nothing that has ever come close to hurting anyone, just scared them a few times. Honestly, both those times, I think he had the bejezus scared out f him by one if us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by