any ideas for farm name

kansasmom

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 24, 2010
We have been at out "new" house - which really is an old house - for about 2 months now. The kids have decided that it is time to name our farm. Thought it seemed like a fun idea, but now we're having difficulty coming up with ideas.
hmm.png

Any ideas to get us started? Here is a little about our "farm" - We live on a highway with 14 acres in Kansas. Railroad runs beside our property to the west. There are lots of oak trees around the house, a small creek in the wooded areas on the west and south sides of property. 8 acres is in crops. As far as animals go, we have dogs, a cat, some chickens. We plan on getting more chickens and eventually some cattle in the future.

Thanks for your help!

Shady Creek Farm? Do you have any Native American tribes near you, or does the area have Native names for geographic places? Let me think on this overnight. Maybe something will come.

Rambling Oak Tree Farm: Where the animals amble and the people ramble.

Quote:
Google maps might give you the name of your creek. That's how I found the name of our creek. Alot of farms & ranches are named from their brand. Our brand back when my grandfather raised cattle was 7L .

Back
Top Bottom