Any ideas for removable wheels?

Mthawkins08

In the Brooder
Dec 20, 2020
I build and sell chicken coops. So far I've been using PVC pipes for delivery but id rather buy some wheels. I'm looking at some 8 inch caster wheels like these https://www.amazon.com/Swivel-Caste...rds=shed+wheels+swivel&qid=1627484329&sr=8-10 I could lift one side and screw the wheel up into the base 2x, and do the same on the other side giving the coop feet wheels. How would that be for different terrain moving, vs something that's screwed in from the side, or even a double wheel with a space between to fit a skid? Like these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075Y3FDPC/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_i_NXHRGZ57634S0MTSSRB4

The swivel wheels would not work for my terrain. We have "clumpy" native grass. Your side screw wheels would be better, for us. But, can you be under the weight limit, as I'm not sure how large your coops are. What about trailer wheels and tires?

They're usually a few hundred pounds, I think I'd be under the weight limit. I look into side tires. What methods would be good for attaching trailer wheels to the sides? I'd imagine a bolt would need to go through the wood

Sorry, you've just gone beyond my knowledge...I'm the dreamer, not the implementer (and not all my dreams can be implemented :idunno )

Attachments

• wheels.JPG
    wheels.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 13
The swivel wheels would not work for my terrain. We have "clumpy" native grass. Your side screw wheels would be better, for us. But, can you be under the weight limit, as I'm not sure how large your coops are. What about trailer wheels and tires?
They're usually a few hundred pounds, I think I'd be under the weight limit. I look into side tires. What methods would be good for attaching trailer wheels to the sides? I'd imagine a bolt would need to go through the wood

The first set of wheels are designed for a hard , flat &stable floor surface, the second set is designed for a terrains and should even cope with a little mud.

Back
Top Bottom