Any ideas? Marans, sussex, langshan

Rose Quartz

Enabler
Mar 18, 2018
East Hants N.S. Canada
View attachment 1378489 View attachment 1378490

Heres another picture, not the best. Ill try to get a better one. This chick has been very slow to feather out and its wing feathers came in all sorts of cockeyed.... could it be frizzeled? Supposed to be black marans
I can see what you mean with these pictures (I hatch chicks for my family) I don't think I have ever seen a chickens wing feathers do that. :/

to be frizzle with the feathers presenting as curls it would have to have a frizzle gene from both parents. I've seen a lot of Marans chick picks it looks like a Marans chick to me. :idunno maybe try a new thread asking specifically about the curling feathers. I'm afraid I'm not much help.

zoereef1221

Chirping
Jan 28, 2016
North Carolina
I can see what you mean with these pictures (I hatch chicks for my family) I don't think I have ever seen a chickens wing feathers do that. :/

to be frizzle with the feathers presenting as curls it would have to have a frizzle gene from both parents. I've seen a lot of Marans chick picks it looks like a Marans chick to me. :idunno maybe try a new thread asking specifically about the curling feathers. I'm afraid I'm not much help.
Thank you for the info, i will try another thread and also ask the farm he/she came from who knows it will be interesting to see what those wings end up looking like

Top Bottom