Any Ideas? (mystery bantam) (And another!)

ShadesofSable

Songster
8 Years
Mar 16, 2014
(See the new one in the later posts)

Got a bunch of chicks from tractor supply this morning, three silver laced wynadonts, three RIRs, three I'm pretty sure are silkies (dark skin, feathered legs, five toes) and one little mystery bantam. Both she and the silkies were in the assorted bantam bin, and this little cutie was so feisty and adorable I figured I'd take a chance.

Dark, distinct "V" on head and eye shadow

Stripes continue very distinctly down back

Yellowish-pink skin/feet, non-feather legged. (She actually fell asleep like this for a few moments.)

She has a really sweet, but sassy attitude. She pecked one of the RIRs (which are like three times her size!) Because it tried to eat out of her food slot in the feeder.

Last edited:
I would guess Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam (could be a Black Breasted Red Old Engish Game, too).

Thanks! I think you might be right, now I'll just have to wait and see what color variety she turns out to be!

I would guess Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam (could be a Black Breasted Red Old Engish Game, too).

what are some indicators that make you think this variety specifically? These are my first chickens so I'm trying to learn as much as I can!

So I picked this little one up today while doing checkups, and what I thought was a silky maybe isn't?

Dark beak, skin, feet

Feathered legs, but only four toes?

Normal looking wing feathers? Do silkies even have wings like this?

She's also small, about half the size of the two I'm sure are silkies, and just a bit bigger than the OEGB chick pictured in the first post.

Any ideas, or is she just a really weird silkie?

So I picked this little one up today while doing checkups, and what I thought was a silky maybe isn't?

Dark beak, skin, feet

Feathered legs, but only four toes?

Normal looking wing feathers? Do silkies even have wings like this?

She's also small, about half the size of the two I'm sure are silkies, and just a bit bigger than the OEGB chick pictured in the first post.

Any ideas, or is she just a really weird silkie?
I have one that is identical to her and I got it last week, she is just like you described, wonder what they are

Back
Top Bottom