Any ideas on breed?

jaewrite

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 23, 2015
Florida
I got three chicks from a buddy that had to rehome them. The black one has feathered legs and feet. The buff and grey have feathered feet and legs but their legs are black and have five toes.

I got three chicks from a buddy that had to rehome them. The black one has feathered legs and feet. The buff and grey have feathered feet and legs but their legs are black and have five toes.

silkies have black legs and feathered feet and five toes but are they smooth feathered or silkie feathered, and the other one could be a black sexlink, or black marans-can't really see the feet but from the feathers those are my guesses

Last edited:
Do you know where your friend got them? The top looks like a silkie (or mix of two mixed breeds containing the silkie gene), the middle a mixed breed with some silkie in the lineage, and the black one possibly a purebred cochin (or bantam Cochin, I'm struggling to get an idea of his size relative to the others).

I really have no idea on their age. My best guess would be 3-4 weeks old. The buff and grey ones are smaller than my one week old ameracauna chicks but are feathering out good. The black one is about twice as big as the other two and is almost fully feathered.

Thanks so much for the information. That is what I was thinking on the black one. The other two I was clueless on but that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom