Any ideas on breeds??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by flocktastic, Apr 23, 2016.

1. flocktastic

flocktastic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS
    I had gotten some rare and some "rainbow" pullets random breed choices of the hatchery and trying to figure out what some of them are. 96% of our order should have been pullets with the possibility of having anywhere between 1 & 4 Roos but not sure that anyone is a roo just yet...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Loving the Autumn Weather Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Honestly most of them look like mixes, the one 3rd to the bottom looks like a Gold Laced Wynndotte but it has a single comb instead of a rose comb indicating it isn't. The only ones that look like they maybe real breeds are the grey ones and the last one. Does the last one have a single comb or a rose comb?

3. flocktastic

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS
    How weird...if that's the case, I'm going to have a bone to pick with Meyer (again) because I ordered a rare breed assortment of pullets...some rainbow layer pullets assortment and only 4 out of the 38 we ordered were supposed to be random straight runs of any breed.

I can't remember with that last one now...ill have to check it again when I go back out...

4. flocktastic

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS
    And I did get a golden laced Wyandotte pullet but I'm pretty sure this is her:

[​IMG]

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm not as familiar with Meyer's breeds as some of the other hatcheries', but .....

That first bird is a pullet, but I have no idea what breed it is, sorry.
    second looks like a blue Marans pullet.
    third looks like a partridge Rock, probably a pullet. If the breast feathers are reddish/brown, pullet. If they're black, cockerel. but the comb is small enough I'm thinking pullet.
    fourth could be a blue Marans cockerel.
    fifth is probably a gold laced Wyandotte, but with a straight comb. I'm not sure they have any other gold laced clean legged breeds. looks like a pullet.
    six looks like a mottled something.....but not much mottling. It's kind of a puzzler to me. Pullet.
    seven is a gold laced Wyandotte pullet.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    having so many pullets has to be good regardless of breed

7. flocktastic

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS

Yes definitely a good thing! I want to sell some so I'm trying to narrow breeds down and decide who I want to keep. Right now I'm not really ready to part with any lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by