Any ideas on breeds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by featherfooted, Oct 6, 2008.

1. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Does anyone have any ideas on the breeds of these chicks? They were packing peanuts with an order of OEGB from Ideal. There a 6 like the lighter ones and only 1 darker one. The darker one has stripes. The lighter ones seem to be getting buff wing feathers. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

stripes on darker one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Either Rhode island red or Red Sex Link roosters. Packing peanuts are extra roosters.

3. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Look like Golden Comets to me...the one's with stripes are females and the light colored ones are males. I LOVE my golden comets! Great layers and SO docile!!!

4. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    red sexlink roosters start out white, then develop a little red in their feathering.

5. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    The buff ones look like my Buff Orpingtons did and the striped one looks like my Gold laced Wyandotte did.

6. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    The buff ones are developing buff colored feathers on their wings. Do RIR and Production Red chicks have buff colored wing feathers? I would love for one to be a Buff Orpington roo, I would keep it.

7. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I'm pretty sure when my RIRs feathered in they were dirty red striped. Make since? They feathered out nice and red, but were kind of stirpy back as chicks.

Peanuts at Ideal are roosters. It eveny says so in their emails so I think you have two different breeds but all roosters.

I have an order coming this week from them so I bet since my order was small there'll be roos in mine too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by