Any ideas on sex of this chicken.

donaltman3

Chirping
Mar 29, 2017
Valdosta, GA
Thought it was a hen... About 5 1/2 to 6 months old. Usually kinda timid around the two older hens and some others the same age. Today my wife heard something crowing like a rooster and is pretty sure it was this one that did it. Could it just be crowing oddly or do you all think it is a rooster? I have 6 other chickens it's same age.. non are laying eggs yet but I suspect it will not be long until they do.

Attachments

• splash.jpg
    splash.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 15
No real breed. I believe he had a splash marans /easter egger parent and one solid white parent. Might have to make a scarf for him (not supposed to have roosters in the neighborhood.)

Any idea from feather pattern or leg colors if this might have the blue or green trait gene? Just curious if I keep him around if he might would breed with a brown layer to have an olive egger.

Thought it was a hen... About 5 1/2 to 6 months old. Usually kinda timid around the two older hens and some others the same age. Today my wife heard something crowing like a rooster and is pretty sure it was this one that did it. Could it just be crowing oddly or do you all think it is a rooster? I have 6 other chickens it's same age.. non are laying eggs yet but I suspect it will not be long until they do.
He looks like a roo to me! Large red comb.

Back
Top Bottom