Any ideas on the breed of my survivors??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by farmgirlbdub, Sep 30, 2014.

1. farmgirlbdub

farmgirlbdub In the Brooder

Sep 30, 2014
    Morgantown, WV
    Do you have any idea what kind of chickens these are? They were given to my husband by a guy at work who has lots and breeds them... my hubby can't seem to remember to ask what breed they are and I'm impatient... I have a guess but was wondering if anyone had any idea...they are both young 17 maybe 18 weeks....brother and sister... they were the soul survivors of a skunk attack. He killed 9 siblings and the mother :'( it was terrible. They lay white eggs and mother had no comb (possibly a pea comb, I can't remember for sure)..as soon as we got her, she started her clutch and hatched us 11 baby chicks and was very protective of them. Daddy was GORGEOUS and had a green tint, and nice big beautiful tail feathers. He was also murdered. (I took care of that skunk too)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    They look like Minorca or White Faced Black Spanish mixes.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    They look like Black or Dark Brown Leghorn mixes to me. I'm sorry about the skunk attack. [​IMG]

4. farmgirlbdub

Sep 30, 2014
    Morgantown, WV

Thank you both!! The consensus seems to be a cross of something haha! Thanks so much!! [​IMG]

5. Edmondson152

Edmondson152 In the Brooder

Aug 28, 2014
    The 2 bottom pics look almost like Sumatras.

6. farmgirlbdub

Sep 30, 2014
    Morgantown, WV
    They are Coal Miner Mugs, from Alabama. Thank you everyone so much for your input!!![​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by