Any ideas on the breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by paleochick, Mar 3, 2013.

1. paleochick

paleochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Southern California
    [​IMG]
    Ginger
    [​IMG]
    Eona
    [​IMG]
    MaryAnn
    [​IMG]
    Cloud

Have fun identifying. Oh and I am hoping all hens as that is what was supposed to be shipped.

Thanks

2. Nike

Nike Young&Beautiful

Jul 8, 2012
    My Coop
    They all look like hens to me :)
    I think the first one looks like a partridge rock and the third one looks like a SLW or my dad has some Easter eggers that looked like that.... does it have puffy cheeks? The white one could be white orp, leghorn, or white rock, I'm not sure.

3. MaineChickenRun

MaineChickenRun New Egg

Feb 20, 2012
    The white one looks like a blue andalusian I had last year. Does it have blue legs? Can't really tell in the pic.

4. paleochick

Dec 2, 2012
    Southern California
    Cloud (white one ) has blue legs and a blue tint to her feathers, thus the name.

And no puffy cheeks on any of them. EE arrive Tuesday and most will go to my neighbor Wednesday.

All but Cloud are heading to their now homes tomorrow. I was the only one willing to set up an indoor brooder. And have enjoyed each minute of watching them grow. Plus they were the stars of my daughters recent science fair.

Glad they all look like hens. Was concerned about size and comb development. This is my first time raising chicks so all your assistance is much appreciated.

5. heronz

heronz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Eona
    ancona?

6. paleochick

Dec 2, 2012
    Southern California
    Thanks all. Looks like I am keeping the blue andelusian (cloud) and partridge rock (ginger) plus three white crested polish (spotty, cupcake, and einstein). Those I had no trouble figuring out. The others are off to new homes tomorrow.

7. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by