Any ideas on the sex of my chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChibiChicken, May 7, 2013.

1. ChibiChicken

ChibiChicken In the Brooder

May 6, 2013
    Hi there, I have four chicks at the moment of different breeds. One is a bit too young to try and sex, so I'll wait a bit longer for that one. The other three are about six weeks old. I have a Pekin Bantam, a light Brahma, and a light Sussex. If anyone would like to hazard a guess on my babies, I'd appreciate it :) I'm hoping for all pullets, especially my black Pekin, she's my favourite, she's just the sweetest chicken. Also, disregard my pink onesie, the chickens love sitting on it, it must be comfie for them too haha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is my Pekin Bantam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My light Sussex.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My light Brahma.

I've always had a sneaking suspicion that my Sussex was male, and always believed my Pekin was female. Any ideas?

2. Lolipop

Lolipop Chirping

Feb 11, 2013
    CT
    I'm sorry, I think your Pekin looks like a boy. [​IMG] The rest look like pullets.

3. ChibiChicken

May 6, 2013
    Awww, I was afraid of that :( her comb has been yellow up until the last couple of days. Thanks for your opinion, does anyone else think the same?

4. ChibiChicken

May 6, 2013
    Turns out pekin was a male, and so was the Brahma :( in fact, so is the younger fourth member of my flock, a young Cochin, that I didn't post about. The Sussex was the only female! Sigh :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: