Any ideas on these little feather legged butterballs?

kabhyper1

Songster
6 Years
Mar 7, 2013
Columbia City, IN
My Coop
My Coop
I got my chicks from TSC last week. I figure the 4 bantams are about a week old. I know the 2 ..... (cont. below)

S/L wyandottes were there a couple of days longer. They are from Mt Healthy Hatchery. I am curious if anyone on here has ideas on the type of bantams they are. (all feather legged) No Silkies for sure. I figure its a little early for sexing, but I think the little white one might be a boy. Thanks for any responses! Also that water is cleaned out a few times a day. They are just really messy.

This little one looks like a buff Brahma.
I got my chicks from TSC last week. I figure the 4 bantams are about a week old. I know the 2 ..... (cont. below)

S/L wyandottes were there a couple of days longer. They are from Mt Healthy Hatchery. I am curious if anyone on here has ideas on the type of bantams they are. (all feather legged) No Silkies for sure. I figure its a little early for sexing, but I think the little white one might be a boy. Thanks for any responses! Also that water is cleaned out a few times a day. They are just really messy.

for the feather legged ones if they have a pea comb looks like the wayndottes combs those will be brahma if they have single combs they are cochin

The first one pictured alone looks like it could be a partridge Cochin (if it has a straight comb), if it has a pea comb its a Brahma.
The little black chick is a Cochin.
#3 looks like a Brahma (appears to be pea combed)
#4 has light brahma coloring.
Those are my guesses anyway, they're super cute!
Nikki

Back
Top Bottom