Any ideas on this chicks breed please???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LynzT, Apr 9, 2017.

1. LynzT

LynzT Just Hatched

Apr 9, 2017
    [​IMG]

Was born from a blue egg x

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  2. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    It looks like an Easter Egger!
    Was it from your own hens or someone else's?

1 person likes this.
  3. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    It's probably an Easter Egger or EE Mix if it came from a blue egg :) Or a cream crested legbar!! :D

1 person likes this.
  4. LynzT

LynzT Just Hatched

Apr 9, 2017
    My kids school hatched them, and they had no idea on the breed. Me and. My kids adopted them [​IMG]. Thanks for the info [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    How old is the chick? I only see one photo. I don't know the breed and it has thick legs, however the comb is single and looking small. Age can make a big difference.

6. LynzT

LynzT Just Hatched

Apr 9, 2017
    3 weeks old Wednesday [​IMG]

7. rebrascora

rebrascora Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    I'm going to guess it's a cream legbar cross. The shank colour is wrong for a pure cream legbar unless the photo is deceptive....legs should be yellow. If it is a pure cream legbar, my guess would be male judging by the colouring. Here in the UK we don't really have what you guys across the pond call Easter Eggers, and it would appear the OP is in the UK, judging by the newspapers in the photo.

Is it not possible to ask the teacher what the eggs were that were set or if they were mixed breed hatching eggs?

8. LynzT

LynzT Just Hatched

Apr 9, 2017
    Hi, yeah I'm in the UK, I've asked the school a number of time and no one knows, after the school holidays when I take my done back to school I will ask some
    More questions and find out what farm they came from. I adopted 4 and I'm really at least two are hens [​IMG]

9. rebrascora

rebrascora Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    I'm so pleased that you adopted more than one. I've read about some of these school projects where the chicks are homed singly and it's so stressful on the chicks as they really need to be brought up with other chicks, especially if they don't have a broody mother hen to look after them. I wish you more luck than I have getting at least 50% females.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by