Any ideas on this one's breed?

therempels

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2017
This was another one given to me by a relative. No heat lamps were kept on her (or a little black silkie she came with) and I'm thinking that's why her feathers haven't come in. She does have some feathers coming in on her on feet.
Thanks you!

I'm guessing about two weeks old. They got them for Easter and were a couple days old or so. Thanks, I'll post a new pic once some changes start happening.

It maybe a Brahma, feathered legs and the comb looks like a pea comb. Do you know if your relative bred them themselves? There maybe a chance of them being mixes.

They definitely weren't bred themselves. They were bought in the city and just for Easter surprises for their girls. They were going to take them back to where they came from. We ended up taking them since we had ours. We got a gold laced sebright, a black
Silkie and the other featherless one is another black silkie. One kept them in the garage witthout a heat lamp (that black fuzzy one next to this one in the pic) and the other two kept them in a heated garage. Apparently all are the same age, but the two kept without heat have barely any feathers, but healthy and happy.

Actually being without heat (and surviving it) should have brought the feathers in sooner. If they are hatchery chicks, it's not surprising if they don't look much like the breed they are supposed to be. Hatchery silkies are generally lower grade.

Back
Top Bottom