Any ideas sex/breed on my chicks- pic heavy- UPDATED TONIGHT

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by crayon, Jun 28, 2011.

1. crayon

crayon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    I edited to add some more side images and facials of my chicks- Do you think these are Easter Eggers or Araucanas? And any idea on the gender? I was told they were Araucanas when I ordered them from the feed store/ local mill- however I read this is very rare to get true Araucanans from a feed store order- I paid $1.60 for 2 of them and $1.20 for one (one is supposed to be a cockerel)

I am more tying to figure out what the sex of them is.... Any ideas?

~~~~~~~~~

5 1/2 weeks old right now... Amazed at how different they look from each other.

Honey Pie #1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sweetie Pie #2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love #3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. mrsruvi

mrsruvi Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Tucson
    i dont know much but that looks like a single comb. are you sure its an EE? mine all have pea combs...

3. crayon

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    They said they were Araucanas - but I figured I paid $1.60 so it had to be a EEer....

This is another one that came out of the same box (I feel like this one may be a roo- he/she has an attitude!)

[​IMG]

What breed were you thinking?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  4. Moose The Ameraucana

Moose The Ameraucana Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Seattle
    Do they have tails? (Araucanas dont have tails) if so than they are EE mix [​IMG]

5. crayon

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Quote:Not really- that is weird that you asked! I noticed today they looked like the "tails" are no longer there- like they got pecked off- although that is not the case... They are just not there really... I will have to post a pic of that tomorrow!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  6. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

My EE roo's comb was coloring up at that age and he had thicker legs. [​IMG]

7. mrsruvi

mrsruvi Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Tucson
    i have no idea what it could be but my understanding is most ee's are pea combed. Here is my EE roo. hes 8-9 weeks in this one
    [​IMG]

about 6 weeks in this one.
    [​IMG]

8. crayon

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Wow thanks for the pictures- I think all 3 of my EErs have single row combs.....

9. Moose The Ameraucana

Moose The Ameraucana Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Seattle
    Quote:Not really- that is weird that you asked! I noticed today they looked like the "tails" are no longer there- like they got pecked off- although that is not the case... They are just not there really... I will have to post a pic of that tomorrow!

That is weird! Im psychic! [​IMG] Well I am guessing that they have Araucana blood in them they are rare [​IMG] & yes do show me picts [​IMG]

10. crayon

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    I just went to do pics and they are refusing to stand up! They are in a pile in the grass right now- kinda of a chilly morning here.

I did notice when I let them out earlier that one is more rounded on the back- the other does have feathers pretty far out (this is the one I have assumed is a roo for weeks now- quite bossy!) The 3rd I have not really examined yet.... Will post when it gets warmer and they start moving around more today.

Maybe they at least have some good blood in them! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by