Any ideas what my ducks are? (pictures!)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by javajanie, Jun 20, 2010.

1. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    I posted a few pictures of some ducklings I bought at a local Amish farm the Saturday before Mother's Day. The man said they were a couple of days old at the time, said they were mixed. Now they are around 6 or 7 weeks old. Any ideas what these guys might be or mixed with? Not sure if they are male or female. Either way, I just love them. My daughter has taught them to catch their treats. Silly ducks!

[​IMG]
    Penny waiting for her cheerio

[​IMG]
    Desmond and Penny

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    [​IMG] I have no idea what kind of ducks you have since I'm new to ducks myself. But, they are sooo cute! I love the one waiting for the Cheerio [​IMG]

3. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Sorry can't help you but they are precious!

4. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

light one ancona?

5. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    The brown one is a Rouen or Mallard hen and the white is possibly Pekin mixed.Maybe a little magpie in her or if she was mated with mallard or Rouen she might have gotten the dark spots from them.They are both gorgeous Congrat's.Maybe someone else has a different idea.I have raised Pekin, Ancona,Cayuga,Swedish, Magpie,Mallard Rouen, Khaki, Runners and lot's of color's of crested's.They can make some nice looking mixes sometimes .

6. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    The lighter one looks like an Ancona and the darker one a Dark Campbell to me. [​IMG]

7. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    I am thinking Rouen/Khaki Campbell and Ancona/Pekin. [​IMG]

8. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    What gorgeous markings Penny has on her face... Hard to say what gender for sure from the photos...But I think you may have Desmond right as a male- But unsure about little Penny. have you noticed any kind of voice change in them yet??

9. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Vermont
    I can't help suggest breeds but I [​IMG] love [​IMG] their names [​IMG]

10. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    I could be wrong, but that dark one is a dead ringer for my Kahkis at that stage. And from that light coloring on the bill, I would say it is a drake as well. What a totaly cutie!!! The white is gorgeous, I love his/her markings!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by