any ideas what we might have here?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Yontz710, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Yontz710

Yontz710 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2009
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He was my free rare chick from McMurray. I have to tell you I have gotten chicks from Ideal, Whelp and McMurray and they were all super nice chicks, this batch probably was the healthiest looking over all, nice fat and sassy little chicks. But I have no complaints with the other places.
    thanks for the ID help

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  2. KsTornado11

KsTornado11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    Kind of a dark pic,but I'll say gold laced Polish

3. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
  4. LadyShred

LadyShred Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Alabama
    Yep that's a Golden Polish!

5. Yontz710

Yontz710 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2009
    It is really cute, but it is smaller then the rest of the chicks, should we isolate it or keep it with the others? They all came today, not sure if it just looks weaker because it is smaller or it really is weaker. I have the gel in with them all and it has had several drinks and has eaten some of the gel.
    Any ideas? It is REALLY a beautiful bird, want to keep it going.

6. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    That is definitely a golden laced polish. I wouldnt reccomend raising one chick on its own. It wouldnt last long on its own either.

7. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Definitely a golden laced polish, we've got 2 beautiful 1 week girls from Mcmurrays [​IMG]

8. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    he should be ok with the others unless there realy realy picking on him , I have a tiny little chick in with two cochins there the same age but he is like half there size and he does fine with them .

9. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    He would be lonely all by himself. I would keep him with the others so they could all sleep huddled together. This keeps them warmer and they feel safer this way. I have several different-colored Polish chicks in with some Bantams that are much smaller than them. They all seem to get along well with each other, despite the fact that the Polish chicks are a bit larger.

I also have an EE that is about a week older in with the tiny chicks. He was getting picked on badly by chicks his own age and seems to fit in better with the small guys.

10. songbird

songbird Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    New England
    I'm new to this, but I kept all of our chicks (7 standard breeds and 5 bantam breeds, with a total of 24 chicks) in together. I have watched them carefully, and I have not noticed the little guys getting picked on by the big guys - I mean, girls - at all. They eat and drink alongside the others and do not seem to be fearful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by