1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sherry, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    He must be crossed with an ostrich, he's got the longest legs I've ever seen on a chicken. [​IMG]
    His legs are very yellow, and when he crows he sounds like he's gargling. Hysterical!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] that first picture looks like a dancer posing before the start of a dance FUNNY.........legs legs legs ! Sorry I have no idea what he is.......... but surely would name him something to do with those legs ! [​IMG]

3. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I want to say White-Laced Red Cornish Rooster....but those long legs remind me of an Aseel...

4. chickaboo7

chickaboo7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Manahawkin NJ
    Could it be a Jungle Fowl mix?

I know some dancers who would do anything for those legs [​IMG]

5. Rebeccahorse

Rebeccahorse Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2007
    I think it is an Isa Brown Rooster.
    It looks just like my Isa Brown Rooster. Only yours has more brown.How old is yours? [​IMG]

6. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    OH man I seen another picture here of a bird that looked similar......I just cant remember the name of the thread. And the person who posted it was not from the U.S. either.Let me look around for a minute or two and get back with you.

7. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    Ok I am back. I found the thread. It was by some one name kamus Brazil. and the name of the thread was English Breed Name. THe pictures of the roo looks a lot like the one you have in the picture. Hope it helps.

8. Sherry

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    He's about 18 weeks old. I looked at the one from Kamus Brazil. He does kind of resemble that one, especially the legs. [​IMG]
    He's in with another rooster and he fights him. (the other one runs away...chicken!)
    I just know he is goofy looking.
    Thanks much everyone.

9. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Where did you get him? He looks like a Red Laced Cornish with some extra long legs. And I have banty cochins that will beat the crud out of other roos, so just cause a breed is a fighting breed that doesnt mean they are the only ones that fight,lol.

10. Sherry

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    I got him at a Farmer's Market when he was about 4 weeks old. The fella I got him from told me "she" was a red sex link. The 3 pullets I bought with "her" were supposedly ordered from a hatchery, he said.
    All four pullets I bought that day turned into roosters. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by