Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jenschicks1018, Mar 4, 2009.

1. jenschicks1018

jenschicks1018 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2009
    Huachuca City, Arizona
    I have a couple of chicks I am wondering if they are roosters or not. I also have one that I am not sure on the breed. This is a sex-link I think....
    [​IMG].

I am not sure about this one...
    [​IMG]

What breed do you think on this one?
    [​IMG]

Thank you for all your help!
    ps sorry about the dates on the pics....I never change the date on the camera!

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    If the top one is a black sex-link you should be able to tell easily if it is a roo or not. Males will have a white spot on their heads at hatch and females won't. I don't know about the middle one... leghorn maybe? The bottom one looks like an EE.

3. sandypaws

sandypaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    desert of calif
    breeds i agree with jens...
    sexes?? to young for me to tell....

where did you get them??... what did you order???

4. jenschicks1018

jenschicks1018 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2009
    Huachuca City, Arizona
    Quote:I got them from local feed supply stores. I didn't order. They lady at the store said that the black one was a hybrid of some sort.....I was just trying to figure out maybe what he might be a mix of. That one is just a lot bigger than the rest..that is why I thought maybe it was a roo. I have just love watching them and my kids are really enjoying playing with them. These are my first....and I feel like a proud momma...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by