1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any ideas??

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ~*~Ayano~*~, Nov 9, 2011.

1. ~*~Ayano~*~

~*~Ayano~*~ Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2011
    I have a slight problem... I understand it is only November but I like to get ahead with Christmas so I am not rushing around last minute to mark off people I had forgotten. Well my fiancee has a younger brother (10 years old) who lives with an aunt in Virgina, due to the passing of their parents [​IMG] The boys don't get to see each other very often, about once a year, but they talk on the phone almost every other day. Anyway we want to get him something special for Christmas but we are stumped. He has everything and then some with his aunt. He is spoiled to say the least. He has a game chair hooked up to an Xbox 360 with many many games and movies. He has four wheelers and lives on a large farm. I know they have cows for sure, not sure what other livestock they have. His uncle will take him hunting, camping, and fishing throughout the year. Well he asked my fiancee for an original Xbox, but money is a bit tight for us due to a pleasant surprise (due May 13th [​IMG]) and can not get much. I know my fiancee would give his brother the world if he could afford it but what do you get a boy who has everything? Please help...

2. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    All my son that age talks about is an amphibious tank r/c car like these http://www.xenonproject.com/rc-tanks/ I would shop around of course but you get the idea! Also Itune gift cards are always a hit and won't cost a fortune to ship [​IMG]

3. justafewchickens

justafewchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    First off, congratulations on your little surprise( so was our only child) such a blessing. Now, with my son as guidance, he is fascinated with the earlier game systems. He has his heart set on an Atari!!! Our ps2 recently bit the dust, and he wants one for Christmas. We have a Wii, and Xbox 360, but wants the ps2 still. He isn't spoiled, just.....dances to the beat of a different drummer? We were gamers before he was born...anyway.

Check Craigslist, they have old systems all the time, and for cheap. Just make sure they work before giving money. Sorry for the rambling, just hit a soft spot in me because of my son. He just turned nine, so real close in age. We looked up Ps2's in our area, and it is under a hundred. Way under, and they have games that with them usually. Good luck.

4. This_chicks_place

This_chicks_place Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Maybe bring him to visit with you and his brother. Since they don't get to see each other very often....... Could be the best gift he'll never forget.

5. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    I will tell you something I would have loved to have gotten as a kid. A box containing the following:

A slinky
    Two magnets
    A kalaidascope (sp)
    A magnifying glass
    Bubbles

6. ~*~Ayano~*~

~*~Ayano~*~ Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2011
    Thank you all for you suggestions. We looked at the r/c cars and my fiancee's eyes lit up when we came across the Halo Warthog. I knew that was the gift. So we searched other sights like amazon and ebay for other warthogs and found one for cheap. Since Halo is his brothers favorite game of all time and can beat most of the games on legendary we couldnt pass it up. It is PERFECT! Now to get in touch with his aunt to get a picture of him opening our gift to see the look on his face. I think we will save for a trip next year.

7. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    We got an original x box in working condition with I think 3 games and 2 controllers for $20 off craigslist.

8. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    ~*~Ayano~*~ :

Thank you all for you suggestions. We looked at the r/c cars and my fiancee's eyes lit up when we came across the Halo Warthog. I knew that was the gift. So we searched other sights like amazon and ebay for other warthogs and found one for cheap. Since Halo is his brothers favorite game of all time and can beat most of the games on legendary we couldnt pass it up. It is PERFECT! Now to get in touch with his aunt to get a picture of him opening our gift to see the look on his face. I think we will save for a trip next year.

[​IMG] I hope it turns out perfect![​IMG]

9. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    If he has lots of things, why not look into experiences. Things like rock climbing, or orienteering. I think that kids often have to many things, and not enough real experiences in life.

10. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by