any ideas?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KelsiNS, Aug 14, 2013.

1. KelsiNS

KelsiNS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got these chicks as an assortment (brown egg layers). I figured rir, white rock, buff orp, etc. Some are feathering red(ish) and buff, some white, but a few are this crazy multicolored barring/pencilling. They are super friendly but i havent the faintest idea what they are.

Also-i have a dominique/barred rock (no comb at 16 days to be sure) that is feathering slowly and almost appears to be frizzled. Do frizzled feather slowly? (I know i ordered two ee roos, not pitcured, but i can keep up to five so if its just a roo its no biggie).

[​IMG]

2. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    If you got them from a hatchery, which hatchery did you get your chicks from? That will help narrow down the breeds.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  3. KelsiNS

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    My pet chicken. The list i was gicen doesnt have anything that should be barring in yellow! :/

4. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    Looks like gold commets

5. KelsiNS

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    [​IMG]
    Heres a better pic of some of the colors. This chick was solid canary yellow at two days old.

6. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    Here is the list from My Pet Chicken. Maybe it will help.

"Although this assortment may include any of our standard size brown egg layers, most likely they will be breeds from the following list:"
    • Rhode Island Red
    • New Hampshire Red
    • Red Star
    • Speckled Sussex
    • Dark Cornish
    • Light Brahma
    • Australorp
    • Buff Orpington
    • Dominique
    • Barred Plymouth Rock
    • White Plymouth Rock
    • Partridge Plymouth Rock
    • Delaware
    • Golden Laced Wyandotte
    • Silver Laced Wyandotte
    • Columbian Wyandotte
    • Black Jersey Giant

7. KelsiNS

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    [​IMG]
    They mostly started like this yellow (who is turning white). A few has orange chipmunking (they are the darker ones now)

8. KelsiNS

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    Ive read and compared the list about 20 times and cant narrow it down at all. The suspense is killing me! O.O

9. KelsiNS

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    Im hoping someone with a more discerning eye than mine can identify a few! I was hoping for at least one buff orp and some variety of red (i have a production red that is a hoot!) If they all turn out to be sex links/red stars/cinnamon queens, ill have 15 of those, 12 barred rocks, and one EE from that assortment (which will make me sad....i wanted a colorful chicken yard).

10. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    You have mostly Red SLs, a couple of birds that could be either New Hampshires or Production Reds, and the chipmunk one is most likely a Wyandotte. Do you have a better picture of their backs and faces? That will help a lot, especially with the potential Wyandotte. I can't see it's comb.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by