1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any incubators for small hatches?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pringle, Oct 18, 2009.

1. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Im getting some quail eggs and maybe chicken and duck eggs in the future.Are there any incubators that will hold say 12 chickens-duck eggs something like 25 quail eggs?If I did get a kind of big incubator would it be ok if I just put a few eggs in it not all?Oh and I really would like an automatic egg turner if it comes with it or I could buy it seperatly.Im looking in the $150-$250 range.If its less but is still good ill be happy.Any suggestions will be appreciated.Thanks

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The brinsea octagon 20 holds about 24 hen eggs, or 60 quail eggs, that's probably the smallest you'll find, unless you want to get really cheap (made). You don't have to keep any incubator full of eggs, but you do need something in them to help regulate the temps. The octagon 20 is on sale for $170.00 with the turner, idk how much the shipping is. I'll find that link for you.
    http://brinsea.com/products/octagon20eco.htm

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Brinsea also has mini bators that hold 12 chicken eggs. And I believe it is well under $100. Brinsea seems to be the top of the line.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  4. pringle

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Quote:Thanks,I think I might get it but I have a question.Can you preset it and all you have to do is add water?Or do you have to fiddle around with it.Im at school 7 hours a day(long busride)so I really cant adjust it all day.

5. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    I have the brinsea mini adv. It has an autoturner and holds seven chicken/duck eggs. I just hatched out 5 of 6 eggs. It's a great incubator. All I did was keep the reservoir full! Great little bator.

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The site says it's factory preset, so you shouldn't have to fiddle with it at all. I haven't used them (too small for me [​IMG]) but they seem like they'd be a pretty good incubator.

7. pringle

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Ohhhhhh thx soo much.I think I might get that kind becouse ill be hatching out liitle amounts of chickens at a time and this will work out perfectly!Thank you for everyone whos helped out on this thread.If there are any more incubators similar to this Ill check them out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by