Any Indiana sellers? Or looking to swap?

chicken_china_mom

Crazy for Cochins
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Tab, Indiana
I have some young birds I want to sell or swap for other birds. I know what I am looking for, and maybe I have something that someone else is interested in. If anyone is in Indiana, let me know. I am located in West Central Indiana, near the Illinois border.

I'm in NW Indiana and will be looking for laying hens or started pullets in a couple weeks.
A friend is wanting hens too.
Between us we are looking for 6 birds.

What breeds do you have and what will you ask for them?
I am interested in Barred Rocks, Orpingtons, Wyandottes, Black Sexlinks - mostly any single-comb, cold-hardy brown egg-layer.

What town are you in?
I'm just outside Crown Point, friend is in Hebron.
I'm willing to pick up if not too far.

Last edited:
i have 4 week old black austrolorp , barred rock , slver laced wyandotte chicks , 1-4 week old mallard rouen muscovy and pekin ducks , 8 week old gold laced wyandotte 's 3 bantam roosters , many mixed breed rabbits 75 mixed breed chicks in the incubator due the 20th

would like turkeys , gunieas or hatching eggs for either california or florida white doe rabbits duck hatching eggs

located in crawfordsville 47933

I am in West Central Indiana, near the Illinois border, so the towns I am near in Illinois, if the names ring a bell, are Danville (30 miles from me, I work there), Hoopeston (about 15 miles from me), and in Indiana I am near Williamsport and Attica. I am 45 minutes from Lafayette. I think I am about 2 hours, maybe 2 1/2 straight down 41 from Crown Pointe. What I currently have are bantam cochins that I am looking to rehome. I have a few barred, a few splash, and few partridge that I am gonna sell or trade. I'll be honest, most are roos, but I don't think I will keep so many of the barred, maybe just my roo Buddy and a barred pullet, and I will probably sell most of my patridges (I have 6). I will keep most of my Splash though as I really like how their colors are coming in, though I might rehome 2 of my 6. I also have two Amber Sexlink chicks that I want to rehome. Not sure of their sexes. They are a cross between Rhode Island Reds and white Leghorns, and they are suppose to be prolific egg layers. Mine are 5 weeks old so they have a few more weeks before they start to lay. I am interested in``2333 Golden Wyandottes, especially if they have the same wonderful personalities that my Silver Laced have. I am also possibly interested in a Pekin. I currently have mallards and am debating on getting either some call ducks or Pekins. I hear that Pekins have friendlier personalities. What I really want though are some Sebrights. I have a Golden Laced Sebright cockerel and I would like to get some pullets. I'm also interested in some Frizzles. My older daughter would love to have some Frizzle chicks. Eventually, when I get a bigger coop I would like some Orpingtons, but right now I don't have the room for them. For next year I hope to have some White Silkie chicks, SLW chicks, and various Cochin chicks to offer here. And if I can get some pullets this year, perhaps some Sebright chicks too! I can either buy or trade. Let me know if I have something that someone might be interested in. Thanks!

I"m south of Greencastle, along highway 40.
I have LF and bantam Ameraucana's
bantam cochin and frizzles
And lot of chicks just got some silkie chicks from alan standford

Want show quality
All bantam breeds.

Ameraucana blue , splash and lavender
Wyandottes
blue or slpash cochins,
silkie

I don't really have alot of chicks to trade but would trade hatching eggs.
Some of them can be seen on our web site.

Little Ameraucana Mom wrote:

I"m south of Greencastle, along highway 40.
I have LF and bantam Ameraucana's
bantam cochin and frizzles
And lot of chicks just got some silkie chicks from alan standford

Want show quality
All bantam breeds.

Ameraucana blue , splash and lavender
Wyandottes
blue or slpash cochins,
silkie

I don't really have alot of chicks to trade but would trade hatching eggs.
Some of them can be seen on our web site.

I'd be interested in a frizzle if you have one. I'd take eggs, but I don't have an incubator yet. That's on my "must have" list still, lol. But I am interested in EE's and frizzles. My 10 year old daughter wants one for show next year, and also as her personal pet.

Last edited:
My cochins have quite laying right now. The only frizzles I"d have for sale at this time would be a rooster. If you arne't in a hurry for them, I can let you know when they start laying. This fall we should have sizzles also.

Back
Top Bottom