Any Indiana sellers? Or looking to swap?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by chicken_china_mom, May 9, 2009.

1. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I have some young birds I want to sell or swap for other birds. I know what I am looking for, and maybe I have something that someone else is interested in. If anyone is in Indiana, let me know. I am located in West Central Indiana, near the Illinois border.

2. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I'm in NW Indiana and will be looking for laying hens or started pullets in a couple weeks.
    A friend is wanting hens too.
    Between us we are looking for 6 birds.

What breeds do you have and what will you ask for them?
    I am interested in Barred Rocks, Orpingtons, Wyandottes, Black Sexlinks - mostly any single-comb, cold-hardy brown egg-layer.

What town are you in?
    I'm just outside Crown Point, friend is in Hebron.
    I'm willing to pick up if not too far.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  3. kycrawler

kycrawler Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2009
    Crawfordsville , IN
    i have 4 week old black austrolorp , barred rock , slver laced wyandotte chicks , 1-4 week old mallard rouen muscovy and pekin ducks , 8 week old gold laced wyandotte 's 3 bantam roosters , many mixed breed rabbits 75 mixed breed chicks in the incubator due the 20th

would like turkeys , gunieas or hatching eggs for either california or florida white doe rabbits duck hatching eggs

located in crawfordsville 47933

4. chicken_china_mom

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I am in West Central Indiana, near the Illinois border, so the towns I am near in Illinois, if the names ring a bell, are Danville (30 miles from me, I work there), Hoopeston (about 15 miles from me), and in Indiana I am near Williamsport and Attica. I am 45 minutes from Lafayette. I think I am about 2 hours, maybe 2 1/2 straight down 41 from Crown Pointe. What I currently have are bantam cochins that I am looking to rehome. I have a few barred, a few splash, and few partridge that I am gonna sell or trade. I'll be honest, most are roos, but I don't think I will keep so many of the barred, maybe just my roo Buddy and a barred pullet, and I will probably sell most of my patridges (I have 6). I will keep most of my Splash though as I really like how their colors are coming in, though I might rehome 2 of my 6. I also have two Amber Sexlink chicks that I want to rehome. Not sure of their sexes. They are a cross between Rhode Island Reds and white Leghorns, and they are suppose to be prolific egg layers. Mine are 5 weeks old so they have a few more weeks before they start to lay. I am interested in``2333 Golden Wyandottes, especially if they have the same wonderful personalities that my Silver Laced have. I am also possibly interested in a Pekin. I currently have mallards and am debating on getting either some call ducks or Pekins. I hear that Pekins have friendlier personalities. What I really want though are some Sebrights. I have a Golden Laced Sebright cockerel and I would like to get some pullets. I'm also interested in some Frizzles. My older daughter would love to have some Frizzle chicks. Eventually, when I get a bigger coop I would like some Orpingtons, but right now I don't have the room for them. For next year I hope to have some White Silkie chicks, SLW chicks, and various Cochin chicks to offer here. And if I can get some pullets this year, perhaps some Sebright chicks too! I can either buy or trade. Let me know if I have something that someone might be interested in. Thanks!

5. kycrawler

Apr 10, 2009
    Crawfordsville , IN
    i have 6 gold laced wyandottes @7-8 weeks old and would be interested in the bantam cochins i am 20-30 minutes east of attica 20 minutes south of lafayette

6. kycrawler

Apr 10, 2009
    Crawfordsville , IN
    i have 6 gold laced wyandottes @7-8 weeks old and would be interested in the bantam cochins i am 20-30 minutes east of attica 20 minutes south of lafayette

7. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I"m south of Greencastle, along highway 40.
    I have LF and bantam Ameraucana's
    bantam cochin and frizzles
    And lot of chicks just got some silkie chicks from alan standford

Want show quality
    All bantam breeds.

Ameraucana blue , splash and lavender
    Wyandottes
    blue or slpash cochins,
    silkie

I don't really have alot of chicks to trade but would trade hatching eggs.
    Some of them can be seen on our web site.

8. chicken_china_mom

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Little Ameraucana Mom wrote:

I"m south of Greencastle, along highway 40.
    I have LF and bantam Ameraucana's
    bantam cochin and frizzles
    And lot of chicks just got some silkie chicks from alan standford

Want show quality
    All bantam breeds.

Ameraucana blue , splash and lavender
    Wyandottes
    blue or slpash cochins,
    silkie

I don't really have alot of chicks to trade but would trade hatching eggs.
    Some of them can be seen on our web site.

I'd be interested in a frizzle if you have one. I'd take eggs, but I don't have an incubator yet. That's on my "must have" list still, lol. But I am interested in EE's and frizzles. My 10 year old daughter wants one for show next year, and also as her personal pet.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  9. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    My cochins have quite laying right now. The only frizzles I"d have for sale at this time would be a rooster. If you arne't in a hurry for them, I can let you know when they start laying. This fall we should have sizzles also.

10. chicken_china_mom

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    That's fine. Just let me know when they are laying again. My kids love those frizzles!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by