Any information or guesses on my chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jordanraugustin, Mar 23, 2016.

1. jordanraugustin

jordanraugustin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Martha, she's getting some brown/red feathers.

[​IMG]
    Blossom

[​IMG]
    Dandelion

[​IMG]
    This group all looks the same besides some have orange/yellow heads and some have white.

2. jordanraugustin

Mar 13, 2016
    Just wanted to add, all these babies are still in their brooders inside the house, I just bring them out for an hour or so to get some fresh air and foraging in.

3. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Martha looks like she is a Production Red. Blossom looks like a Buff Orpington. And Dandelion looks like a Silkie. I'm not sure about the last group. It's a bit young to tell, so don't take my word for it though. Good luck! :) (Your chicks are very adorable and look healthy!). It is good that you are allowing them outside, I think it makes them better prepared for the coop....it's what we've done with our chicks :)

4. jordanraugustin

Mar 13, 2016

Thank you! And thank you for the breed suggestions/ guesses. These are our first chick experience and we are really enjoying it.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  5. Farmgirl0422

Farmgirl0422 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2015
    Central Oregon
    I would guess Martha is a delaware, and I would agree with henny1129 about Blossom and Dandelion. About the last group I would guess they're all ameraucanas. Good Luck!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  6. jordanraugustin

Mar 13, 2016

Thank you!

7. Farmgirl0422

Farmgirl0422 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2015
    Central Oregon
    Of course!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by