any inside pics. of coops to share?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jeffery57, Mar 14, 2011.

1. jeffery57

jeffery57 In the Brooder

Mar 12, 2011
    New Ross, IN
    I would love to see some pictures of the inside of anyone's coop showing the location and type of nesting boxes and roosting poles. I need some good ideas for mine. My coop is 12' X 12'. (a converted shead) Thank You.

2. Little Red Hen Eggs

Little Red Hen Eggs In the Brooder

Mar 14, 2011
    I am glad you asked .. I am looking for good ones too. I was thinking of the same size only I have to build it.
    Not sure hubby will let me use part of his big shed.. not sure it would work anyway.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

The coop I built is 4x8, and this is a photo of the inside before the pine shavings were added and the lodgers moved in.

[​IMG]

The nest box is a rear roll-away type, installed through the wall.

There is a people door on the other 4 ft side (from where the picture is taken), with a window in it, and a window on the same side as the nest box, near the short wall, to the left out of picture frame.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  4. jeffery57

jeffery57 In the Brooder

Mar 12, 2011
    New Ross, IN
    Thanks for the pics. I am also building the rear roll away type of nesting boxes. I never thought about putting them thru the wall. Makes great access to the eggs from outside. Good idea. I will probably do the same. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: