Any Interest In Silver Lakenvelders Or BBS Wyandottes L F??

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ugly ducky, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ugly ducky

ugly ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    I am just testing the waters to see if there would be any interest in hatching eggs from LF BBS Wyandottes or Silver Lakenvelders. I have some young stock that will be laying soon, and am wondering whether to keep them or not. In Wyandottes, I've got a splash roo, a blue roo, 2 splash pullets, and 2 blue pullets. They were purchased from a breeder who has been working with them for 3 yrs now. I wouldn't call them show quality yet, but are some pretty nice birds.
    In the Lakenvelders, I have 2 roos and 5 pullets. they are 4 1/2 months, so should start laying anytime now. I need to cut down some before winter, and am debating who should go. I haven't got many pics, but below are what I have.
    Thanks for any responses.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    wow Lakenvelders.. I have two and I am glad to see more pics..Next year i am increasing my flock..where are you?

3. ugly ducky

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    S.E MO just south of Cape Girardeau

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  4. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I would take eggs from the Lakenvelders or if you really want to cut down I would be interested in buying your birds.
    I think yours are about 5 weeks older then mine... [​IMG]
    Where did they come from?

5. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Gloria,

What type of personality do your wyandottes have?

My hatchery wyandottes lay well but have a nasty side!

I am such a sucker for bbs chickens!

6. chikman

chikman Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2009
    douglas
    i would be interseted in the bbs wyndottes

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    i would be interseted in the bbs wyndottes

Me too. My plan is to get more blue orps and blue rocks and play who's who.[​IMG]

8. ugly ducky

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    The personality of the Wyandottes is pretty good so far. They like to walk up to me and stand there and stare at me. They seem to get along with the other birds well. One of the roos will scrap a bit now and then, but it's never serious. The pullets seem very gentle. I didn't raise them from tiny chicks. I bought them at 10 weeks old. Right now, they're running in my grow out pen..a huge outside fenced area with it's own coop, with all my other youngsters and some of the adults that aren't laying right now(Bantam and LF), and Muscovy ducks.
    The Lakenvelders are a bit more high energy. They like to fly, but once caught, they settle right down. We have clipped wings to keep them in their pen. That seemed to calm them down a lot.
    Farrier1, I'm not ready to sell the Lakenvelders quite yet, but if I do decide to, I'll let you know. I really hate to sell any of them, but my population is so high I either have to sell some or build more pens and coops before winter.....I'm sure that never happens with anyone else. LOL

9. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    If you keep them I will take a few eggs. I am a few hours east of you... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by