Any japanese bantam breeders?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by supersilkie, Aug 9, 2010.

1. supersilkie

supersilkie New Egg

Aug 9, 2010
    Live Oak
    Hi I am in Live Oak Florida and am looking for some Japanese bantams, either buff, grey, or black tailed white. I am looking for good quality birds, but not so nice that I don't want to play with them or let them get a little dirty now and then. I am looking for chicks and need for the breeder to be nearby, as I am too busy to travel far and don't want the chicks to be shipped.

The birds will be given a good, safe place to live and I will devote a lot of time to taming them and making them pets. I have always wanted japanese bantams and really hope someone nearby has them. So, anyone near Live Oak, Lake City, Perry have any buff, grey, or black tailed white japanese? Oh, and I am looking for at least ten chicks, maybe 15 so I hopefully get plenty of hens.

PM me if you think you can help me! Thanks [​IMG]

2. SilkiesAndSuch

SilkiesAndSuch Silkie Daddy

Jan 27, 2010
    Mayo
    Have you tried the Swapper? It sometimes has chickens for sale in it. Haven't read it in a while and need to start buying it again..... Hope you find some lovely birds [​IMG] Oh and if you ever get into silkies, I can hook you up [​IMG]

3. supersilkie

supersilkie New Egg

Aug 9, 2010
    Live Oak
    Yeah I have looked in the swapper. Haven't seen anyone selling japs unfortunately.....But thanks for the advice [​IMG]

4. Wiglwerm

Wiglwerm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2009
    Hi, I live in Macclenny and I just posted 2 pairs of Jap blk tailed whites for sale on Craigslist. Check out the ad w/pictures. If interested give me a call.

5. supersilkie

supersilkie New Egg

Aug 9, 2010
    Live Oak
    Thanks but I found some chicks for sale closer to me [​IMG]

6. SilkiesAndSuch

SilkiesAndSuch Silkie Daddy

Jan 27, 2010
    Mayo
    hey I think I might be interested! I have been looking for another breed to raise, but nobody near me has any golden laced or columbian cochins........So I think some japs would be nice. Much easier to monitor scaly leg with a non-feather legged breed compared to silkies....I will send you a PM! BTW i have raised some Japs in the past and raise really nice silkies, so they won't be going to a noob who doesnt know how to take care of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by