1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any Kansas City Hatcheries?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by juggalo82, Mar 12, 2007.

1. juggalo82

juggalo82 New Egg

Mar 9, 2007
    Anyone know if theyre are any hatcheries near or within driving distance from Kansas City?

2. prariechiken

prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    Midwest
    There are some in Missouri, Cackle hatchery for one, but they will deliver to you if you order birds. Most hatcheries won't let you show up and visit anyways, strict microbe/bio security at NPIP facilities. What are you looking for? Check this website for a great list of hatcheries:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/BRKHatcheries.html

CB

3. BlixbabyFarm

BlixbabyFarm Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2016
    Heartland Hatchery is in Amsterdam, you can go there thursdays (i believe) and they do Chick Days around the KC metro at various stores. You could look them up on Facebook and they have a site, just google it. Alan is very nice and knowledgable.

4. jeria

jeria Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2017
    Independence MO
    Also looking for one for next year. there used to be one in Union Star not sure if it is still there, but nearly an hour away. I'm in Independence.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by