Any LaMancha owners out there?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by michickenwrangler, Nov 1, 2009.

1. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Anyone here own LaMancha goats? If everything goes according to plan (last plan failed), then I'll own a LaMancha by Sat. I've been doing goat research and they are supposed to be friendly and good milkers. The breeder is reputable w/ registered does with show records and owned goats for 20 yrs+.

Anyone have any anecdotes, advice, warnings, etc...

Is there good info on Backyard Herds?

Thanks!

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Ohio
    Definitely go over to backyardherds. There is a ton of info on goats.

Congratulations on your new goat! [​IMG]

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't own any right now, but mini-manchas are the only breed I have owned. LaManchas (mini or standard), are my breed of choice. When we finally are able to get goats again, it will be the only breed I consider. I love them! I even have a sticker on my car to that effect (made by chickenzoo):

[​IMG]

The goats I had were my first ones so I don't have any advice, but I'm sure you can get some great tips at backyardherds. I don't know how anyone can resist a LaMancha... they are too adorable!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  4. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Adorable baby!!

I can't wait for winter!

5. CaGoatLady

CaGoatLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Auburn, CA
    I've got one! Pez is about 5 months old and was going to be someone's dinner when I snagged him up at a week old. We used to take him everywhere with us; this is Pez at a winery...Pez is the sweetest little guy and a mama's boy despite the fact that we have 8 other goats.
    [​IMG]

6. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Lamanchas are my favorite goats. I love their personalities and they seem to be more quiet than some of the other milk goat breeds.
    The only down side to the breed that I know of is that, at least here, they sell for less because people can't get past the lack of long ears. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by