Any last words of advice? Moving my broody tonight

Holy smokes that's allot off broodiness! you keep us updated too
Awesome! Broodies are so exciting! I've got one sitting on the following:
4 Polish eggs (mottled, blue crested white, and two mysteries)
3 Old English Game Bantam eggs(silver duckwing)
3 Pekin eggs (splash and blue)
2 Salmon Faverolle eggs
2 Easter Egger eggs
And whew, that's it!

Oh, we also have Butter the hen sitting on twenty more...

Keep us updated on how your broody goes, what breed fertile eggs are you getting?
!!! Lol

Awesome! Broodies are so exciting! I've got one sitting on the following:
4 Polish eggs (mottled, blue crested white, and two mysteries)
3 Old English Game Bantam eggs(silver duckwing)
3 Pekin eggs (splash and blue)
2 Salmon Faverolle eggs
2 Easter Egger eggs
And whew, that's it!

Oh, we also have Butter the hen sitting on twenty more...

Keep us updated on how your broody goes, what breed fertile eggs are you getting?
That really is a lot of variety! Good luck with that lot, keep us updated on how it all goes. When are they all due to hatch?

I've just had a message from my egg lady, she also has loads of broodies at the minute so can't spare many fertile eggs, the only ones she can give me are Buff Orpingtons and Polish Bantams... so it looks like that's what I'll be getting!

That really is a lot of variety! Good luck with that lot, keep us updated on how it all goes. When are they all due to hatch?

I've just had a message from my egg lady, she also has loads of broodies at the minute so can't spare many fertile eggs, the only ones she can give me are Buff Orpingtons and Polish Bantams... so it looks like that's what I'll be getting!

I love polishes, they are wonderful to have around)
So, a bit of a story:
I had a broody hen named Leafy hatch three OEGB eggs, so I moved her to the backyard so that she could raise them safely. Until I found out that she was sitting on the eggs in my OEGB nest box(she only sat on them at night time, as it probably seemed like a good place for her to settle down at night) and consequently, a number of the eggs had development(thanks alot Leafy,:rolleyes:)

However, I didn't know this, so when I set the OEGB eggs, they were all at different stages of development! So, according to my candling calculations, I have one due to hatch on the eight of November, two to hatch on the tenth.

And the rest of the eggs are going to hatch on the fourteenth.
Oh how I love chickens, never a dull moment!

The broody sitting on twenty eggs also has a bit of a story to go with her:
We had come home from my siblings dance lesson one evening, and my Stepdad told me he had seen a chicken fly across the driveway. It wasn't one of ours, but I figured it wasn't safe outside at night for her, so I put her up in the coop to roost with my flock. We'd had her for two months before I learned that she actually belonged to my new neighbour, who had three chickens go missing, and now had one lone hen. So when Butter has raised her chicks, she'll be going back to her old home :)
Here's butter on the nest, 18 more days to go!
WIN_20181026_09_59_41_Pro.jpg

I love polishes, they are wonderful to have around)
So, a bit of a story:
I had a broody hen named Leafy hatch three OEGB eggs, so I moved her to the backyard so that she could raise them safely. Until I found out that she was sitting on the eggs in my OEGB nest box(she only sat on them at night time, as it probably seemed like a good place for her to settle down at night) and consequently, a number of the eggs had development(thanks alot Leafy,:rolleyes:)

However, I didn't know this, so when I set the OEGB eggs, they were all at different stages of development! So, according to my candling calculations, I have one due to hatch on the eight of November, two to hatch on the tenth.

And the rest of the eggs are going to hatch on the fourteenth.
Oh how I love chickens, never a dull moment!

The broody sitting on twenty eggs also has a bit of a story to go with her:
We had come home from my siblings dance lesson one evening, and my Stepdad told me he had seen a chicken fly across the driveway. It wasn't one of ours, but I figured it wasn't safe outside at night for her, so I put her up in the coop to roost with my flock. We'd had her for two months before I learned that she actually belonged to my new neighbour, who had three chickens go missing, and now had one lone hen. So when Butter has raised her chicks, she'll be going back to her old home :)
Here's butter on the nest, 18 more days to go!
View attachment 1570870
You're so right!! There is never a dull moment with chickens!!
Butter sounds awesome! You sometimes hear about cats that have 2 homes, get fed twice, have 2 families!! Maybe Butter has stolen that idea!

We had a cat like that, we sussed out it had two homes, sometimes didn't come home for a couple of days, then one day it never came back, we thought may be the other owner had moved and took the cat with them.

Back
Top Bottom