1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any Lavender Muscovy Breeders?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Trifolium, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Trifolium

Trifolium Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2016
    Los Angeles, California
    Are there any known muscovy breeders here that have Lavender birds?

I've been studying muscovy genetics and figured I need that hard to get recessive lavender gene (l/l) to get some of the color shades I want.

My flock has blue, chocolate, and black so the last part of the equation is getting a lavender . And for some reason, Silver/Pearl-Grey looks similar to lavender but it's not. I bought silver locally thinking it was lavender before but it didn't work because it was actually double blue.

2. Trifolium

Feb 1, 2016
    Los Angeles, California
    I think I found someone who may have Lavenders for sale locally.

Could anyone familiar with the lavender muscovy confirm if the birds here are lavender caused by two copies of the recessive lavender gene (l/l)? Lavender may also be called Self-Blue, not to be confused with the Blue dilution for Blue and Silver/Pearl-Grey ducks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  3. bhducks

bhducks New Egg

Aug 24, 2016
    I don't know the answer but the lavender muscovies are beautiful. I would love to get a couple in the spring. Did you have luck with the person you thought to be selling them?

4. Trifolium

Feb 1, 2016
    Los Angeles, California
    Yes, I purchased 5 hens from the lady there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by