any left-handed guitar players out there?

Lothiriel

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Aug 30, 2007
New York State
My Coop
My Coop
I'm left-handed. I would really like to play the guitar but I'm not sure if i should get a left-handed one or a regular. Three of my friends play guitar, and I tried one of theirs (right-handed), and I found it easier than left-handed (I turned the guitar around and tried it the other way). Does anyone have a suggestion as to if I should just stick to right-handed or go to left-handed?

I don't have much experience with left-handed guitar players, but I can tell you this; the lead guitar player in our band writes left-handed, but plays the guitar right-handed. I asked him about that once, and he said that a right-handed guitar was all that was available when he first started playing. He just learned right-handed, that's all. In short, I guess we now know of one left-handed person that plays right-handed. I hope that helps.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking about doing. I write and eat with my left hand, but I do some other things with my right. THANK YOU!!!

My pleasure. The best advise I could give you is to start slow, relax and have fun. Learn those first two or three simple chords and find a song to play. If you do that, you'll be hooked.

I am a lefty to and so is DH. I write like a right handed person but can not do any thing else with my left hand. When I was in high school I played outfeilder on the softball team, so when I caught the ball I would have to take my glove off to throw the ball. I bowl with my left hand Dh bowls with his right.

nccountrygirl wrote: "If wishes were horses beggars would ride and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts. Ann Taylor Bell - my mom"

Interesting, nc. Your mom and I share the same last name. I wonder if we're in any remote way related?

ChickenBreath, aka. Randy Bell

ChickenBreath, thats my maiden name so it came fron my dads side, he was from Charleston SC, he was in the Army so you never know, we might be related.
lau.gif

i play right handed but absolutely everything else i do is left handed. i think that a lefty has an advantage on the fretboard of a righty guitar ie more dexterity and a firmer bar chord. it's just training the darn retarded right hand what string to pick. hehe

cheers

doc

Back
Top Bottom