Any Legal Professionals Out There....Cop, Judge...anyone.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by RickiHupp, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickiHupp

    RickiHupp Songster

    Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Okay here's the story:

    My cousin is married. He and her husband live in HER fathers house. Her father pays all the bills. The husband doesn't have a job. She just found out that he is doing AND selling drugs.

    She told him to get out....He said that he does not have to because that's his mailing address.

    My question:
    Does she have to go to the courts and get a CPO or something like that just to get him out of her fathers house? What should I tell her to do?? [​IMG]
  2. fancbrd4me02

    fancbrd4me02 Songster

    Nov 15, 2009
    San Diego, California
    I don't know about where you live, but here you have to give 30 days written notice of eviction. If he is dangerous, they can call the police and the cops will tell him to go somewhere for the night, and then she can go to courthouse to petition for protective order. Then he would not be able to come back into the home.
  3. Wildsky

    Wildsky Wild Egg!

    Oct 13, 2007
    Call the cops! I would guess Her father could say he is trespassing at least.

    (I'm not a cop or legal profesional, I just wanna have my say [​IMG] )
  4. chickenlittle32

    chickenlittle32 Songster

    Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    If he receives mail there then he isn't least that is the law here in Louisiana...
  5. rebelcowboysnb

    rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

    You actualy have to go threw the eviction prosses. You have good grounds so it wont be that hard it just takes a while.

    FYI If you let someone live on your property rent free its almost imposible to evict them. A felony would do it.
  6. I don't know but if he is selling drugs out of your dad's house if he is caught. the house can be taken away from your dad, or thats the way i understand the law in tn. marrie
  7. Prettiest Frog

    Prettiest Frog Cooped Up

    Dec 21, 2009
    Quote:That isn't quite accurate, he also has to have actually been permitted to live there when he first started using it as his mailing address.
  8. RickiHupp

    RickiHupp Songster

    Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Oh my...

    Okay so if she goes into the courts tomorrow and has a cpo put on him will he have to move out then? They have young children and I am sure he brings the drugs to their hoome although as of right now I dont think she has any actual proof of that. Geez this is crazy stuff!!
  9. Countrywife

    Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

    Aug 20, 2009

    sorry, in legal profession, husband a cop.

    Call the police NOW. Tell them the situation. Let them come lock him up. If you are caught with those drugs in that house you are ALL going to jail. PLEASE, call the duty sargent, NOT 911, explain the situation and have them help you.

    It is not actually eviction if he has no lease and no legal agreement. Don't know what state you are in, but more than likely Dad can just put him out, but if he is arrested first, he can't come back.
  10. RickiHupp

    RickiHupp Songster

    Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Quote:She is in Ohio. They have lived there for about 2 years now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: