1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any legit work at home jobs?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NewHopePoultry, May 17, 2009.

  1. NewHopePoultry

    NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

    5,038
    12
    281
    Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Due to my pregnacy I cant work currently, but I would still like to be able to help with the bills, food,etc. I'm not looking for a way to make fast money or lots of it, just something to give us some money while I cant work.
    Does any one know of any legit work at home jobs?
     
  2. Boyd

    Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

    Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I'm curious also [​IMG]
     
  3. NewHopePoultry

    NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

    5,038
    12
    281
    Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Well hopefully someone can help us [​IMG]
     
  4. debilorrah

    debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

    I think the reason no one is answering is because the answer is no. Unless you do crafts and sell them. Most of the stuff envelopes and things are a scam..... Do you bake? Do you do crafts at all? Do you have an incubator (sell chicks)?
     
  5. cariboujaguar

    cariboujaguar Chillin' With My Peeps

    494
    0
    129
    Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    anyone who is successful at home is sitting on their hands whistling right now and the rest of us don't know LOL I had a friend who did collections from home, called people with overdue payments on various accounts and tried to set up a payment plan, she made bank but it seems like it was hard to get into...
    I do farm/pet sitting, goat hoof trimming, horse training etc animal things are all I'm good at, but I just had a baby and couldn't do most of those things then either...

    ohand I made home-made organic animal snacks, dog/horse/goat treats... or and tying horse and goat rope halters...

    otherwise I have no idea and would love to hear as well...
     
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
  6. cstacatto

    cstacatto Out Of The Brooder

    46
    0
    22
    Apr 30, 2009
    Lakewood
    I'm actually looking for any kind of job so i'm gonna watch this all day.....[​IMG]

    Hopefully someone knows something [​IMG]:fl
     
  7. debilorrah

    debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

    I just remembered - medical billing is another one that is legit, but you have to have experience to do it.
     
  8. saddina

    saddina Internally Deranged

    May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I suspect on here, you'll get alot of "selling eggs" replies.

    When we were expecting our second son, I got a daycare liscense so I could stay at home the first few years with him. Worked out well, I did daycare during the day, and finished college at night. Now that I have a teaching permit, I work from home 80%, working for a charter school, the other 20% is family meeting, testing and such. If you have experiance with kids, and plan on staying home a few years, it works well, but you'll burn out sooner or later, so get your college done during the time.

    If you decide to go for it, PM me, and I'll point you to some solid sites for activities and lesson plans. Since you're due in Sept, you could find some older kids who need summer care, and then take off a few weeks when they go to school to have the baby.
     
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
  9. Imp

    Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

    Quote:Also medical transcription.

    I had neighbors that filled out insurance forms from home. Both Dad & Mom did it, so it must have been lucrative enough to support the family. They recently bought a new house.

    Imp
     
  10. HeatherLynn

    HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

    2,045
    31
    211
    May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    You would need a bit of training for this. I did a couple rough rough years at the BIG tax prep company. Did all their training. Then started doing taxes at home. Not much money from it yet. If you have a degree you might be able to get the IRS enrolled agent cert which would allow you to bring in fair money. ( enrolled agent represents the people being audited just like a cpa or lawyer would do )

    My sister in law who has no training did some taxes this year and baby sitting and brought in a fair amount each month. About 700 a month for babysitting just 2 kids and during tax season got a few extra hundred. Its something.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by