Any Los Angeles folks selling eggs?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dusky, Dec 28, 2010.

1. dusky

dusky Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Hi, I'm located in the Los Angeles area (specifically West Los Angeles), and am looking for hatching eggs. If I had preferences it would be for marans, ameracaunas, or silkies BUTBUTBUT I am open to anything you might have. I've been getting random eggs from the farmer's market, and while I had a GREAT hatch from these people two years ago, I got a ton of duds this time and just generally bad looking eggs. If there's anyone near me please let me know!!

-Mary

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hi Mary, my chickens are in Norco, about an hour east of you. Fertility is down this time if year. If you can wait a few weeks, it will likely pick up in February. I can't in good conscience sell eggs right now, but I have what you want, and probably a lot of other stuff you didn't even know you wanted. LOL!

3. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Hi! And [​IMG]

There are a bunch of us from around LA and San Diego area and a lot of us have hatching eggs. As OnTheSpot mentioned, fertility is down right now, but should be picking back up in the spring. We are having a chicken meet-up as well neat the end of January here; https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=384942 Hope you can make it! [​IMG]

4. dusky

dusky Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Ohhh how great! [​IMG] I figured fertility was down since only 3 out of a dozen eggs I got from the farmers market were viable! Sweating bullets right now for the two that are a day overdue and only slightly pipped. onthespot, what kind of chickens do you have? And that's exciting about the meetup, I'll have to see if I can make it.. do people bring hatching eggs to swap/sell or do I pre-arrange? [​IMG]

5. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Both and either or. [​IMG] There are some of us that just bring random stuff to trade, but you can also pre-arrange with someone if they have something you are looking for, I would post over on the San Diego meet-up thread. [​IMG] Good luck with your pips! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    You can click on my "Website" link to see pics of some of my birds. Not all kinds/types/colors/varieties are posted, but most are. Don't have Auburn Turkeys any more. Need to get pics of the black orps, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, and Cornation/Light Sussex. Oh, and the Jersey Giants. And the bantam dark cornish. And the bantam Blue Laced Red Wyandottes... LOLOL... for now.

7. dusky

dusky Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    onthespot your birds are so beautiful!!!! I wish I could have one of each.. XP I was wondering though (for a friend) do you have normal silkies also?

8. LavendulaFleur

LavendulaFleur New Egg

Oct 16, 2010
    Quote:Hi Mary!

Wondering which farmers markets you got your fertilized eggs from?

I'm up in the Valley and none of the farmers market sell hatching eggs.

Thanks!
    Gigi:)

9. dusky

dusky Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Hey Gigi,

I get them at the Santa Monica's farmer market, but I believe these particular farmers frequent most of the ones in the area! It's Lily's Eggs, I ask them to bring fresh eggs. They sell fertile eggs for eating. =X Their chickens seem to be a motley bunch of rhode islands, barred rocks, and ameracaunas judging from my last hatch.. basically chickens that lay brown eggs. The two hens I hatched out last time were a white ameracauna and some kind of cream/dirty white chicken that looks rhode island in looks but itsn't colored so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by