Any marine aquarium enthusiasts/chicken farmers out there?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by MammaHen, Apr 8, 2009.

1. MammaHen

MammaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Knysna, South Africa
    DH is totally blown away by this forum and wants to know of any marine aquarium enthusiasts out there and if there are any forums as good as this one?

2. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    Reefcentral.com But it can be rather argumentative sometimes.

I have a 75 reef.

3. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    I used to have various marine aquariums and even used to bring home saltwater from the Long Island Sound instead of using the premixed concoctions. Many people said that it wouldn't work, but it did.

When I used to go lobstering or pull up a bait pot, I'd find all sorts of interesting things. Once there was a purple sea urchin that came home with me and was later released when it grew bigger.

I would bring home tiny brown anenomes that I'd find when going clamming.

There were several fish which I loved. One was a orange-brown batfish (I don't remember the name) and a pilot fish. The fish was called Pontius Pilate. There was a Humanu-humanu trigger fish. When it ate tiny green crabs that I found, you could hear the crunch from thirty feet away.

And I loved the Porcupine Puffer fish. Those deep blue eyes, with a soulful expression, just waiting for the next meal to arrive.

I could wax poetic about fish. Sigh...I love them.

Suzy

[​IMG]

4. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I had a 55 gal reef tank until I had kids...and I couldn't sell the kids, so I sold the tank.

Not enough of me to go around!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by