Any martial artists here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Sword, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Sword

Sword Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    Mundelein
    Anybody here do martial arts? I've fenced for years, and did Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiujitsu, and Choy Li Fut Kung Fu for short amounts of time (I keep moving and have to leave old schools behind [​IMG] ) I'm going to try out a Italian Long Sword class tomorrow.

2. Sword

Sword Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    Mundelein
    ...nobody?[​IMG]

3. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I wish! If only I could kick butt like my characters in Tekken, LOL.
    [​IMG]

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I know kung-fu.........& 2 other chinese words. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm a fan. Thats about it.

6. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    I did tae kwon do for several years, and for a brief time taekgyeon (the Korean martial art that preceded tae kwon do). I really loved it, but the park district class was starting to get too big, then I had a baby, and now the park district class is dissolving and as much as I like the main academy I can't afford to take classes there. I have to say, doing martial arts gives me a whole new appreciation of martial arts movies. I love looking at a scene and going "I could do that," or "man, I wish I could do that!"

7. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

I was a black belt, but have not practice in it for years (about 15).
    Nenow Dynasty Karate Studio Palmerton pa studies in(Tang Soo Do, American Tae Kwon Do, American Sports Karate and weapons Okinawan Kenpo)

Our Grandmaster
    Robert C. Nenow is a three time National Sparring Champion of the USA Karate Federation and a National weapons champion of the USNKF. Grandmaster Nenow has won over 600 trophies in open competition. He is a senior member of the first American Karate Team to ever compete in Siberia, Russia. He was awarded the Russian Medal of Peace in 1996 for being the first American to teach Karate in the far reached of the Tomsk region of Siberia. Featured in numerous magazines in the 1980's, he is also a published author, Past President of many organizations and presently President of Dynasty Karate International. Robert was a 1959 graduate of the Palmerton High School. Graduate of National School of Forestry and Conservation, BS in Leadership and Management from Kennedy-Western University, Graduate of International Society of Arboriculture Tree Climbing School from Penn State University. He was a Lutheran. Robert was a US Army Veteran of Korea, serving with the 82nd Airborne Division as a medic.

Our Grandmaster Robert C. Nenow passed away July 2, 2010 rest in piece great Master

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  8. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sheesh! The first time I read the title I thought it said "Marital Arts".

Anyway, I had a Krav Maga lesson yesterday. I can still type. [​IMG]

9. soap&eggs

soap&eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    my daughters all took karate lessons many years ago, when they turned 15 didnt want to continue so husband took over on pkg deals i bought in advance. he actually refused his black belt becuz he had to register with police dept. as lethal weapon. so he stayed a brown belt for three yrs of classes . unfortunialy i was there practice at home guinnea pig..but..i learned how to protect myself somewhat better..and learned to run faster then they could catch me !!!

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I was a "Koga" instructor many years while in the Navy. After retirement I taught it to security personnel (on my shift) at a local military base.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by