Any member of Panhellenic Organizations on the Forum?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by write2caroline, Oct 10, 2013.

1. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Hello. I am a Kappa Delta from San Jose State and I thought it would be interesting to know if there are other Greeks on the forum.
    In Jacksonville we have the Jacksonville Alumnae Panhellenic Association and it has been in around for almost 100 years in this town.

In College I pretty much hung out with my KD sisters but I have met many other members of other sororities and it has been a fun thing we have in common. I find that Greeks look out for Greeks in business and that is a cool thing.

I volunteer as a alumnae advisor for the local chapter of KD at the local university. I have met many or the other advisors for other sororities.

I just thought I would shout out and see who responds.

So if you are A Delta Gamma, Chi Omega, Phi Mu, Tri Delt, or a member of any other panhellenic order. Feel Free to post.

If you are a KD girl AOT!

Caroline

2. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Last night I attended the Alpha Chi Omega fundraiser for Prevention of Domestic Violence AXO's national Philanthropy. I went because I am a chapter advisor for KD and the event was a Mash performance. The room was packed I think they had about 1000 people which was great because it had a $3 cover and it all went to a local Domestic Violence Rescue and Shelter called Huddle House! My Favorites besides my KD's of course were the gentlemen of Kappa Sigma, the gentlemen of Delta Upsilon, and the Ladies of Kappa Alpha Theta.

It was fun and had a great purpose.

The local KD chapter is hosting a 5K this month at UNF "Shamrock Project" for one of our philanthropies Prevent Child Abuse. Locally, it will support the Monique Burr Foundation. In November we will hold a conference for the Girl Scout Council called all that glitters and it teaches the girls applying for the Bronze, silver and Gold awards how to organize their projects and it offers an opportunity to meet the local non profit agencies to inspire them to take on a take action project in partnership with the non profit org.

A lot of people who never experienced greek life think being greek is only about parties and drinking. It is really much more about service to the community.

Caroline

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by