Any model makers out there?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by jubylives, Nov 7, 2008.

1. jubylives

jubylives Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2007
    Central Iowa
    I'm a model nut. I've modeled cars, planes, boats, uh and am a closet model RRer. Shhh don't tell anyone. My pride and joy is a model house I built for a company I worked for. Actually i built three of them. Here's a link to the page on a website I've been working on. Please no pointing your finger and snickering at me. I usually don't share this site much since it is not complete and again I am a closet model RRer.[​IMG]

http://jubylives.freewebsites.com/index.php?p=1_9_Balsa-and-Bass-wood-scale-house

jeremy

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  2. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    That's a cool looking house. I don't do models but my DH makes model engines. Do you check out the model sites. He is on them more than I am on here. lol

3. jubylives

Mar 23, 2007
    Central Iowa
    I go to some but they are usually full of zealots. I'm more of a casual modeler. Oh and I do not have striped coveralls or have an engineers hat. I just want to clear that up. lol Oh and the house it 24" x 48" x 24" high. I made it while on ligh duty following shoulder and elbow surgeries.

jeremy

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  4. bantamfan

bantamfan Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2008
    Member of the White Mountain Plastic Modelers Club here, we build plastic models, two of us build lots of things, but love big rigs in 1/25 scale, I personally am an aircraft fan first, especially WW!!, but most are car modelers.
    I also build and fly radio control airplanes that I build from plans. I don't have any planes that were bought ready to fly, but have had some. And, if ya promise not to tell, I do N scale model rr's also. ha ha

Bantamfan

5. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    my DH builds planes and then flies them. He amazes me that he can build something out of balsam wood and it can hold up in flight.
    Him and his buddies put ribbon on the tails of their planes and have dogfighting battles . You try to grab the other guys ribbon with your prop and take them down. he comes home all proud with ribbons stuck to his jacket its soo cute. [​IMG]

6. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    My youngest son and I are working on a little electric park flyer, a scale Pietenpol Aircamper. I have the plans to build the real thing. Just need the facilities to do it.

These are some images I have borrowed...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. jubylives

Mar 23, 2007
    Central Iowa
    Quote:I've built many a WW II planes. My favorite is the B27 Liberator. Looks like a flying humback whale. Oh and don't worry, your Nscale secret is safe with me. [​IMG]

Jeremy

8. bantamfan

bantamfan Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2008
    Hi jubylives, that was a B-24 liberatoor, and a darn fine plane, I've built a few in 1/72 scale, and have several kits yet to build of it.
    I would like to build an electric model of it one of these days in RC.
    nice to know I'm not a loner so to speak.
    Been real busy so haven't had time to get back to BYC for a while.

9. jubylives

Mar 23, 2007
    Central Iowa
    You are correct. Not sure why I mistyped that. LOL Funny looking plane but cool.

jeremy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by