1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Any Muscovy owners in Indiana

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ClaytonHowell, May 16, 2011.

1. ClaytonHowell

ClaytonHowell In the Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Martinsville, Indiana
    I live near Indianapolis and am interested in getting a few Muscovy to enter into my flock. I am looking for owners near me (less than a 6 hour drive)

I want to get the larger(less inbreed) Moscovy ducklings or ducks. Cheap is the goal. I had some as a kid and like the meat and the fact they breed like rats. Mine eventually died out due to sterility due to inbreeding. I would just drive around to the various Amish and buy a few but I was thinking I could get better stock if I asked here.

2. [​IMG] I have Muscovy but don't have any ducklings/ducks avail. right now. Sold all my early spring ducklings and am waiting on my next clutches hatching. [​IMG]

Check Craigslist, Indy. I noticed someone in Bloomington that has them listed on a regular basis. You can also check out the Muscovy Duck Central breeders map for breeders/hobbiest near you. I've sold quite a few Scovy to people down around Indy both last year and earlier this spring so there should be plenty around.

One question: When you say larger do you mean "older" ( juveniles or yrs olds) or larger/bigger in size/weight?

3. ducksinarow

ducksinarow Songster

Mar 12, 2011
    check out craigslist under southern illinois there is a person in (Baby Ducks,Adults) marion with baby muscovies $4 each $3 for 10 or more. Adults 25-30 for trio. Phone 618-922-3794. Marion is 4-5 hours from you.

4. ClaytonHowell

ClaytonHowell In the Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Larger being the breeding stock. When I raised them last my stock started getting smaller as they where inbreed too much then the males went sterile and I at them:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by