Any Muscovy owners in Indiana

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ClaytonHowell, May 16, 2011.

1. ClaytonHowell

ClaytonHowell Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Martinsville, Indiana
    I live near Indianapolis and am interested in getting a few Muscovy to enter into my flock. I am looking for owners near me (less than a 6 hour drive)

I want to get the larger(less inbreed) Moscovy ducklings or ducks. Cheap is the goal. I had some as a kid and like the meat and the fact they breed like rats. Mine eventually died out due to sterility due to inbreeding. I would just drive around to the various Amish and buy a few but I was thinking I could get better stock if I asked here.

2. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I have Muscovy but don't have any ducklings/ducks avail. right now. Sold all my early spring ducklings and am waiting on my next clutches hatching. [​IMG]

Check Craigslist, Indy. I noticed someone in Bloomington that has them listed on a regular basis. You can also check out the Muscovy Duck Central breeders map for breeders/hobbiest near you. I've sold quite a few Scovy to people down around Indy both last year and earlier this spring so there should be plenty around.

One question: When you say larger do you mean "older" ( juveniles or yrs olds) or larger/bigger in size/weight?

3. ducksinarow

ducksinarow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    check out craigslist under southern illinois there is a person in (Baby Ducks,Adults) marion with baby muscovies $4 each $3 for 10 or more. Adults 25-30 for trio. Phone 618-922-3794. Marion is 4-5 hours from you.

4. ClaytonHowell

ClaytonHowell Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Larger being the breeding stock. When I raised them last my stock started getting smaller as they where inbreed too much then the males went sterile and I at them:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by