Any Nascar fans this season?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Spookwriter, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Nascar...a sport I do try to watch when I have time.

Never been to a Nascar race live...wouldn't want to go.
    I can see it to good from my own couch in the living room.

But I have been known to sneak off to the local round track
    once in a while.

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I drive 12+ hours once a year to go see a nascar race live!...

its something you have to see if you are a race fan.. my son was not into racing and last year and we toom him to MI.. (5 hour drive) and he is totally in love now... the feel and smell of the cars.. boogity boogity boogity boys! its that time of year... LOL

3. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Yes my husband more so he watches every race religiously. We did go to the las vegas race one year and it was fun and got about 5-10 feet from some race car drivers for questions on tv after the race it was pretty neat.

4. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I watch it when I have time, the sport is fading out fast. It seems the only way to save the sport is to go back to real stock cars...

5. ultra1classic

ultra1classic THE FLUFFINATOR

Jul 20, 2009
    Virginia
    Diehard NASCAR fan...have to go to a race to really get full effect!! Go to Dover and Richmond every year..been to Bristol and new Hampshire..Friday and Saturday nights in the campgrounds can be as much fun as the race itself

don't hate the busch!! Go JGR

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  6. charmed one

charmed one Show Me State Gal

We watch every week. My new phone... [​IMG] ...sends me updates on my driver and video of the last lap of every race. DH raced modifieds locally so racing is part of our family.

PS.. I would love to be part of a racing thread for the season but won't be a part of driver bashing. Everyone has drivers they love and drivers they love to hate. LIVE WITH IT! [​IMG]

7. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    We try to watch each race [​IMG] I've been to MIS in MI a couple times, woooowheee! That's a crazy time (infield).

Now we just watch at home, or in the summer, we go fishing and listen to it on the radio. DH always roots for Jr, I root for Edwards, no fighting or rivalry. [​IMG]

I like it when they slacked off on some of the rules and regs last year, and allowed some of the retaliation driving. Made it much more fun!

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    DH and I both enjoy watching the races. Daytona is currently 71F and sunny. Great day for some racing!

9. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Been a big fan for years. Love watching the big fast tracks, hate watching the short tracks....hate em!....
    Nascar has been slipping along with the economy last couple of years but a good year by Dale Jr and that would turn it around.
    and BOO.....who said they liked that punk Kyle Busch?....... [​IMG]

10. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    We are BIG NASCAR FANS, we are waiting for the Daytona 500 to come on right now.
    We have been to Texas Motorspeedway, it rained off and on all day, but was so much fun.

Go Mikey and Dale Jr.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by