any natural remedys for migrains :(

Luke0987654321

Songster
13 Years
Aug 10, 2009
hi,
does anyone have one?
i suffer from them very often (3-4 TIMES A WEEK)
i can feel one coming on now
barnie.gif

what works best for me is just to go to sleep...
any way
please help
luke.

This may or may not work for you, but if I feel one coming on, I have some chamomile tea. SOMETIMES it works. And others, nothing will, and I am off to the clinic for a shot.
hmm.png

I also find if I can do something to relax it goes away faster.
Good luck.
hugs.gif

My solution for migraines was suggested to me by somebody who I don't always see eye to eye with but respect. She was 100% on target and it broke the cycle of the migraine enough that I went from 3 a week to 3 a month.

Hot bath, aromatherapy, and incense
wink.png
I also found that the services of a chiropractor do help off and on.

I get them for a variety of reasons. If it's from my allergies I've found that sinus irrigation works really well. Icky, but works.
smile.png

The tension ones I use heat (rice sock, hot baths or shower, sit in front of the woodstove), gentle stretching and massage if I can rope my 14 yo into it. She gives the best massages!

Other times I need cold and will put an ice pack on my head. Those types of headaches are usually my worst ones and tend to be hormonal. If I'm behaving I'll be exercising and eating decently and won't get them. But if not, I usually end up with a headache that lasts several days and will get worse then ebb for awhile before flaring up again. All I can do for those is ice, dark room and handfuls of ibuprofen! Hate those.

I also make sure I'm hydrated because often I'll get a headache just from not having enough fluids in me.

Back
Top Bottom