Any new laws take effect tomorrow in your state?

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
I'm about to look up Oregon but I saw a clip on the news. Apparently in Kansas after tomorrow you can no longer own more than four cats in one household. Not sure how I feel about that. Anything exciting in your neck of the woods?

Not sure how the police will prove cat ownership. I suspect that law is a response to the feral cat problem. If you are a responsible cat owner and keep them where they belong I really dont care how many someone has... this rarely happens though. Four seems reasonable to me but maybe not reasonable to someone else, it really is none of my business but apparently everything nowdays is subject to what society thinks. Just my opinion.

I forget the state but it will be legal again to flash your lights at cars warning them of a cop. It is either California or Florida I forget.

The cat thing is only in one city in Kansas. Here in Kentucky popping wheelies seems to be illegal now. Also: Some of the changes Kentucky made this year have been head-scratchers. The state recently got around to removing wording from its constitution that gives guidelines on pensions for Confederate soldiers

. So no more pension for soldiers of the confederacy?
Its also illegal now to release WILD HOGS into the wild.

Last edited:
Louisiana. Yes, I agree. In my area, children are always in the library, so that means they will NEVER be able to go in the library. And that's great!
I am not sure this accomplishes anything. First of all you need to teach your child how to protect themselves. You cannot be with them all the time. And secondly, people are so focused on children being molested by strangers, they forget or do not know that most of the time children are not molested by registered sex offenders, but by family members and family friends.

Oregon is enacting a law where college employees that suspect abuse of a minor have to report it. Guess we can chalk that one up to Jerry Sandusky. Other than that nothing new besides a couple minor things about bullying and teaching teens about domestic violence in schools.

Back
Top Bottom