Any New Yorkers going to auction this weekend?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RockyToggRanch, Dec 26, 2008.

1. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I think the West Winfield auction is Sunday. I REALLY need to relieve myself of 7 or 8 sumatra cockerals. As awesome as they are looking, they are getting to the age that really says "if ya weren't so darn pretty.. you'd be supper."

So is anyone going to the auction on Sunday?

2. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Where is that please compared to the NYC area? [​IMG]

3. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    swing by and pick me up. i'll go with ya.

4. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Or you could come wrangle some cockerals and I'll drive down with you. [​IMG]

5. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    we might be able to work something out. it is my birthday so i can do what ever i want right.....
    don't think dh would be happy, but it is my day.

6. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I need to call and get more info. I have several sumatras to sell as well as 2 beautiful BO/sumatra mixes.

Have you ever been there?
    Cindy

7. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

PLEASE BE AWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Birds that are bought at any public place or breeder has been exposed to all types of diseases. If you purchase Commercial layers, you will be bringing a multitude of contagious diseases home to your birds. ILT, CRD, MG,MS etc are the vaccines these girls have, your birds have not, so the commercial bird will show no signs of illness, but your birds that are purists can/will die from these diseases and become carriers.
    Please just use your head when bringing any new bird onto your property, along with your shoes, clothes and grain bags etc.
    If you do purchase, place them in a different coop, not touching the soil, and always wear a different pair of shoes, dipped in bleach, new clothing and do the well birds first, then go to your "new birds" 2nd.
    BIO-SECURITY plllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeaaaase!

8. sussexgal

sussexgal Chillin' With My Peeps

magsrags - West Winfield is about 5 hours from NYC.... think Utica/Syracuse area - it's south of Utica and very rural....

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  9. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Quote:Thanks..
    I'm just selling..keeping my hands in my pockets. [​IMG]

10. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    There is also an auction with both large and small farm stock - chickens,turkeys,dicks,bunnies,cattle,horses, pigs at the Athens PA
    Livestock auction every Monday rain or shine.
    Fowls & bunnies start around 11:30am, then large animals after that around 1:00.
    It is closer for me, only 40 minues south of Ithaca NY.
    I've gotten some good deals on production reds,blacks, & mixes & ducks there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by