Any Nook owners out there?

I have the Barnes and Noble eBook app on my iPod touch (it's a free app) and I have access to the same database of books. The format is fine, I don't need to be holding a book to get into the story. I like how compact it is and easy to carry with me, but when it comes to books, I'm really frugal. I hate the idea of spending up to $10/book when I have thousands of books at my fingertips in the library for free, or for a few bucks at a used book store, plus I already have hundreds of books at home and I get a lot of them free from www.paperbackswap.com.

I've downloaded a few free ones from Barnes and Noble, but they're old books: The Last of the Mohicans and Sense and Sensability. I saw the Twilight books were cheap, I might download those
big_smile.png

For the cost of the Nook you could get a 1st or 2nd generation iPod and get the reader plus everything else the iPod does, too.
I have a lot of music, a few movies that we got free digital copies for, pictures of my kids, a lot of games, email, my calender and appointments, contact information, google maps, internet radio, facebook, etc, etc.

My nook is ordered. My friend got one for Christmas and loves it. Her husband has the Kindle and he is jealous of her nook!
lol.png

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/compare/?cds2Pid=30195

Looking
at the comparison between nook and kindle, there isn't much else that the nook offers that I am interested in. I don't care for touch screens, so that isn't a big draw for me. I do like that the nook can lend to others, but I don't like that it doesn't have text-to-speech or word document transfer capabilities. So I guess, you just have to look at the comparison and see which has the features that mean more to you. I know the nook says it has expandable memory and the kindle doesn't but that is kind of misleading. I may not be able to add memory to my kindle, but I can archive books to my kindle account and recall them at any time, so I can go above and beyond the 1500 books easily (though my husband may not care for how much money I would spend
wink.png
).

Just got my Nook! It's easy to use, I love the convenience. It will be great for travel as I usually end up with half of my suitcase full of books. Now I can take more clothes!
Check out the free book section, they add new books quite often. One of the benefits---you can read any book for free while at B&N.
Slinky

Back
Top Bottom