1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any of my birds look like show birds? Any shows in north east Ohio?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Cavendish Chickens, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Cavendish Chickens

Cavendish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Summit County, Ohio
    I just wondered if any of my birds looked like possible show birds? I only have three birds right now. A white leghorn hen, a light brown leghorn hen (very petite in size), and a speckled sussex roo.

Gloria
    [​IMG]

Mable
    [​IMG]

Precious Boy
    [​IMG]

Also, are there any local chicken shows in the North East Ohio area? We'd like to check one out sometime if so. See what it's like. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  2. Medicine Man

Medicine Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    Apple Hill
    first hen i think is a white rock.

3. Cavendish Chickens

Apr 24, 2010
    Summit County, Ohio
    That's something. People in the behaviors and egglaying forum are saying the same thing. The guy I bought her from told us she was a white leghorn. Any of them look like they could be show birds at all?

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I have some White Rocks myself(they are wonderful) but they are hatchery quality.
    Your rooster looks pretty young. How old is he?
    I really don't know about shows in your area, but show season is in full swing right now-you can probably find something going to the American Poultry Associations web site and checking their show schedule.

5. Cavendish Chickens

Apr 24, 2010
    Summit County, Ohio
    Found a pic of both white leghorn and white rock... and yup... she looks like a white rock. I guess the guy we got her from doesn't really know what he's talking about. But I still love her. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by