Any Olive Egger breeders out there? IL

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by EweSheep, Nov 8, 2008.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Any of you got Welsummer/Maran x EE or Amercuana hatching eggs for next year? Anyone know how well they lay? What color are their eggs?

Just wondering how many are out there will be doing that!

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I am intrested in getting some or making some of my own to !

3. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I am doing these in Spring. Henry, I might be able to ship you some then. PM me. I have a straight shooting Marans roo and three EE hens, one of which already lays pretty olive colored eggs. I would think her pullet offspring may have some gorgeous eggs. I will let you all know how they turn out later.....

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    That sounds great I will have to see if I can get a bator or time it so I have a broody. I do have EE's and Ameraucana hens and will have a blue or black copper marans roo do I might be able to make my own.

Henry

5. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I have Easter Eggers that lay both blue and olive eggs.

They are really nice. I'm still getting fertile eggs now or you could contact me in the spring.
    Please let me know if you wish me to send photos of my eggs. Thanks.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Thanks! Will contact again when I am ready for next year's hatching!

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    feel free to contact me too. I am working on barred bearded olive eggers, and their non-bearded, non barred brothers and sisters. I have ten babies hatched from my barred EE girl right now, probably all fathered by marans. half are barred, half are bearded. I can't WAIT to see how they lay! Hopefully in March we will see.

8. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    We have a cuckoo Marans running with our EE girls right now, but I haven't hatched any of the eggs yet. In the spring, we're going to add the EEs in with our copper black Marans pen, because we have too many cockerels for the number of hens. That way, we'll be able to tell the breeds apart easily just from eggshell color! The brown eggs will be purebred Marans, and the turquoise ones will be Olive-Eggers!

9. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I know maransguy has them, but I'm not sure if he has any eggs availible. Couldn't hurt to contact him if you can't find anybody else. [​IMG]

10. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    bargain can you post some of your eggs? i would love to see the colors. thanks

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by