Any one else have a CB radio?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by first time farmer, Nov 21, 2009.

1. first time farmer

first time farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I just put a cb in my truck and i was curious to see how many people still have them?

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I loved the CB days of the late 70's. My parents belonged to a CB club. Those clubs were everywhere.

I can still remember my parents 'handles' and call number.

I was cat-tail

Great Memories!

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I have one. It's an old Midland that my grandpa gave to me -- it's from way back in the day.

I put over 150k miles on my truck the first 3 years that I had it. Plenty of time for talking on the interstate.

Nowadays I rarely leave town, so I haven't fired up the ole radio in about a year [​IMG]

4. first time farmer

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I drove 3 hours today(right after i put it in) it is so cool. My girl friend doest think it is though...thinks it looks goofy

5. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Im a ham radio guy (KD6MES) but I like CB too. I used to have a Radioshack cheap one. I'd like to get a good one with SSB and whole deal.

6. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    We have one but I am not sure where everything that goes to it is. [​IMG] When I would have to drive a long distance for work, I would love pulling it out and chatting with all the truckers that I passed. LOL [​IMG]

7. first time farmer

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I want a ham radio too. Dont you have to have a permit for those though?

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

We used to use them in the tractors and trucks before we got cell phones. I've still got them and was just thinking the other day the grandsons 11 & 9 would probably have a good time with them.

9. we have 2 in the truck. I got 1 in my van and the old mustang used to have 1 as well. Hubby uses them to alert Truckers if needed. Comes in handy. As for me... All I hear out of it is STATIC so it's worthless [​IMG]

10. Bird Hearder

Bird Hearder Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Salisbury, Md.
    I'm real big into CB. My wife (Lilbizzy) probably thinks I'm crazy But it keeps me busy.
    If nobody has ever told you, CB stands for Constantly Buying or constantly Broke.
    I'm also a Ham but prefer my roots as a cber.

My base station
    [​IMG]
    I have a 3 element beam for skip talking, and a ground plane for local.

the Mudduck Truck
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by