any one else waiting by the incubator

Discussion in 'Quail' started by rita2paul, Feb 9, 2017.

1. rita2paul

rita2paul Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    well i can't wait for my new quails to hatch.
    my eggs have come from north and south of England, i had a few broken in the post.
    i can't wait to see what colours i will have, i have tuxedo cinnamon, silver, cream, range, platinum, gold and many more colours. it's so exciting not knowing what i will get.

1 person likes this.
  2. Binki

Binki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2015
    Ontario, Canada

Oooo! I'm interested in seeing them :D When is hatch day?

3. dianneS

dianneS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    South Central PA
    I'm waiting by the bator too! I had 26 white quail hatch earlier this week and now I have 14 more standard coturnix due to hatch today. I've got one hatched so far and it looks like 8 more pipped already! I'm really pleased because I don't usually have high hopes for shipped eggs.

Good luck!

4. rita2paul

Aug 31, 2011
    hi well they have only just gone in, they have 12 days to go.
    we have had a few power cuts here so i am getting paranoid that it will happen when i am hatching, i got hubby to buy a generator which is in the garage just encase we need it. last week it went off at 4.30 in the morning and didn't come back on until 7.00.
    also my incubator is getting old so i like to keep an eye on everything. the only sadness is that i can't candle them as it is so hard to see with all the spots on the eggs, my bobwhites was easy to do and i really love watching the progress of the little quails developing in the eggs i just love to watch their development and the stages they go through. i will have to be patient.

5. rita2paul

Aug 31, 2011
    i know what you mean about eggs being shipped, mine had a few broken when they arrived.
    it looks like you are going to have your hands full. good luck. any photos of your little quails.

6. rita2paul

Aug 31, 2011
    hi Binki not long gone in, another 12 days to go. i will post some photos when they arrive, fingers cross that a get a few.

7. QuailCo Eggs

QuailCo Eggs Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2016
    Hooper, UT

Hi rita2paul, just wondering how your eggs were packaged and shipped?

Chad

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2017
  8. rita2paul

Aug 31, 2011
    Quote:the ones that got broken were packed in a plastic egg box, they were wrapped well in a cardboard box with newspaper but they didn't do very well.
    the ones that didn't break are the one's packed in polystyrene egg boxes, they all arrived safely.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by